Gilead

by AllTimeJeff 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

I remember a couple that got sent to Haiti- his wife got sick from some tropical disease and they came back early- she died from complications. Nobody ever mentioned their names again when the subject of Gilead came up. Jehovah is not supposed to let bad things happen to Gilead missionaries, right?- so let's just forget that it ever happened.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

One quick question--you mentioned a blue bible with silver gilded edges, is this a new bible the JW's have? I have never seen a blue NWT with silver edges.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    One quick question--you mentioned a blue bible with silver gilded edges, is this a new bible the JW's have? I have never seen a blue NWT with silver edges.

Another cottage industry of JW's... Getting your bible professionaly bound in leather. Mine cost $100. Its pretty cool, full of crap, but otherwise nice to look at....

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Oh, Ok thanks, so I guess you could call it an aftermarket bible. It didnt come from the WT Society like that.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    One of the questions I thought funny at the time is "Do you believe that the FD Slave is the appointed channel of God today?

That's the only response I received from 2 of my local elders and the SERVICE DESK in Brooklyn when I asked them to please explain the UN/NGO thangy and the "Blood in Bulgaria is OK" issue.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thanks AllTimeJeff,

I enjoyed reading of your experiences including Gilead.

I do have a question:

Is there much stress placed on Russell? I was a bit surprised they dont have Russell and Rutherford as Elijah and Elisha anti-types.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks and all the best for your future.

yesidid

• lawrence
    lawrence

Jeff-

Thanks for your story - may all go well with you!

• sspo
    sspo

Thanks Jeff for the update and info.

It just makes me sick how the GB always glorifies itself and twist the scriptures to link themselves with bible prophecies.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Thanks for your experiences, made great reading.

Being born of mixed British-Indian parentage, and having lived my early life in India, where I beacme a WT follower, I knew of this young lad, back in the 60s, who as a special pioneer, was invited to Gilead. Damn fellow promptly met with and married a local lass, and instead of returning to India applied to stay on in America. And suceeded!! The WTS were furious, but unable to do anything.

Do they still carry on with these types-antitypes? I knew this was one of Freddy's pet beliefs. But I thought that with his passing, the leadership would see more sense. Echoing the previous poster, don't they put any stress on CTR? I thought the Elijah-Elisha configuration was CTR-JFR. Obviously they have changed.

Did you ever meet any of the GB? Did they give any of the lectures? How well stocked, if at all, were the librar[ies] Were you able, given time. to do any real research into any particular doctrine, such as the 607 BC nonsense? Were you supervised when you used these library facilities?

Thanks once again.

Cheers

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Jeff,

Welcome to the great crowd who figured out the Watchtower organization!

Does Gilead still issue curriculum material to students? If so, do you still have this material?

I left you a private message. See your inbox.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit