Gilead

by AllTimeJeff 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Jeff -

The Gilead missed out one important point when saying what the camels represented:

THE CAMEL HAD NOT YET BEEN DOMESTICATED at the time the events in Genesis are purported to have happened!!!

Is this why they could not tell you what the Camel Shit represented?

HB

• Paisley
    Paisley

AllTimeJeff I can't tell you how much I appreciate getting an inside view of Gilead and missionary work, from someone like yourself. What a wonderful thing it is to hear about it. Thanks!

• garybuss
    garybuss

This is a interesting topic. The Witness use of typology is important to understand and it's also important to realize they are not at all alone in using this, or are they unique.

Branch "Davidians believe the Bible to be full of prefiguring types that would be fulfilled as antitypes."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davidian_Seventh-Day_Adventist_Association

• Satanus
    Satanus

The typological theology isn't emphasized as much in the mags and books as it used to be. Some of the older books are full of it. It's interesting that it is still the main menu in gilead. Also, how it is used to firm up belief in the gb as the divine idol.

S

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

BTTT

I have had some questions about Gilead, and rather then write out another essay, here are the essentials of Gilead. I hope to write more later, but I want to do it right, and my time is limited. Thanks!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Bump.

Great story, ATJ. I always wondered what it was really like...

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I am re-reading this also, very interesting. So that's the Gilead curriculum eh.....

BF

• GrandmaJones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit