Do JW’s qualify as Christ disciples based on John 13:34, 35?

by Sola Scriptura 51 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
  • J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Welcome, Sola Scriptura! Hope to hear more from ya.

--Do I think they qualify based on John 13:34, 35? Some individual JW's--yes, absolutely. The Org. as a whole--by the policies sent down and eforced by the higher-ups...no way. No way. No way.

No way.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Also....ask the many children who have been (and are being) molested if they "feel the love". That is a MAJOR problem.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Certainly many JWs are trying to be deciples of Christ and God can read their hearts. These ones are simply going with the best option that they see available to them....The problem is that the society severely discourages these people who are searching to worship God correctly from finding out about any other options. So, to answer your question, the organization itself doesn't display the qualities you mentioned, but there are some within the organization who do.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Welcome Sola Scriptura, I appreciate the question. If you would like you could read my profile, I have left out many many details and other incidents that would make most if not all just shake their heads in total disgust or disbelief, the witnesses were the most hateful people I have ever met, not all but enough that only a complete fool and stupid ignoramous would have stayed.

Despite all of the Org’s problems (which some of you have clearly established here),

One of the things that the Society does is eventually over a period of time is get you to equate the org as God. It is one of the biggest deceptions I have ever seen. I don't see the org as anything even remotely close to God and His way of thinking, conduct, actions in the future with Armageddon, DFing and many other issues that can be dismantled with the scriptures and common sense.

do you think they at least qualify as SOME of Christ disciples? based on the main identifying mark of Christians,

That is not for me to say. I have always felt even when I was DF'd that there are many good (use loosely) people that I miss and really tried to be the best JW or christian that they could have. I feel that there are good people in every organization and I don't think that we can even remotely get close to Jah's judgement and how He will judge mankind in the future but I see our Heavenly Father as one of the most misrepresented Persons ever in history. Everybody giving their interpretation of scripture and how He is going to punish the wicked. He will punish the wicked for sure, but He has also seen us for what we are, a struggling pile of dust with every possible thing against us. We never had a chance and that is why I believe God has something in store that none of us can imagine. I believe the Witness have some things right and as other religions have many things wrong. But none of us have it totally right. Rather we should be as Christ said, as little children, humbly waiting on our Father to show us just how far off we were, humbly allowing ourselves not to judge others and make hardened rules to hurt those who don't comply. I think some witness are truly living as Christ disciples as others in other religions are trying their best and Jesus will take all that in consideration in his judgment of all of us.

Being a disciple is not about being a part of an org or religion ,but loving our fellow man, our fellow human being, our fellow brother and sister no matter what they believe, no matter what they look like, what language they speak, IT IS THE LAW OF THE CHRIST, HE DIED FOR ALL, NOT JUST THE WITNESSES.

abr

• heathen
    heathen

I think they love the power to control more than anything else. They love to play their mind f@#$ games . Jesus said that he that is least among you shall be the greatest but it seems inside the org. there's that want to have titles and a possition of piousness over everybody else leaving them imune to scrutiny .

• Rooster
    Rooster

Rbi8Matthew13:10-23***

So the disciples came up and said to him: "Why is it you speak to them by the use of illustrations?" 11 In reply he said: "To YOU it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, but to those people it is not granted. 12 For whoever has, more will be given him and he will be made to abound; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13 This is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations, because, looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, neither do they get the sense of it; 14 and toward them the prophecy of Isaiah is having fulfillment, which says, ‘By hearing, YOU will hear but by no means get the sense of it; and, looking, YOU will look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes; that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back, and I heal them.’

"However, happy are YOUR eyes because they behold, and YOUR ears because they hear. 17 For I truly say to YOU, Many prophets and righteous men desired to see the things YOU are beholding and did not see them, and to hear the things YOU are hearing and did not hear them.

"YOU, then, listen to the illustration of the man that sowed. 19 Where anyone hears the word of the kingdom but does not get the sense of it, the wicked one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart; this is the one sown alongside the road. 20 As for the one sown upon the rocky places, this is the one hearing the word and at once accepting it with joy. 21 Yet he has no root in himself but continues for a time, and after tribulation or persecution has arisen on account of the word he is at once stumbled. 22 As for the one sown among the thorns, this is the one hearing the word, but the anxiety of this system of things and the deceptive power of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 As for the one sown upon the fine soil, this is the one hearing the word and getting the sense of it, who really does bear fruit and produces, this one a hundredfold, that one sixty, the other thirty."
  • Rooster
    Rooster

Rbi8Matthew13:36-43***

Then after dismissing the crowds he went into the house. And his disciples came to him and said: "Explain to us the illustration of the weeds in the field." 37 In response he said: "The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; 38 the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, 39 and the enemy that sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen.
  • lovelylil
    lovelylil

We cannot really say who are Christ's real disciples or not, only he can say for sure. He did say you can tell they are his disciples by the love they would manifest amongst themselves. I think Narkissos brought this out already and that is the love would be shown among the disciples meaning within their ranks and to each other which is different than the WT's view of this love. Which they believe they are showing to unbelievers by not going to war with them. This is a misunderstanding of that verse.

Although we do not know for sure who is a true Christian, Christ did say there would be many who claim to be Christians but he rejects them as those who he does not really know. The flip side of that is that these Christians do not really know Christ either. So you have to ask yourself if the JW's really know Jesus? (Matthew 7:21-23) Peace, Lilly

• heathen
    heathen
    Which they believe they are showing to unbelievers by not going to war with them. This is a misunderstanding of that verse.

Gee , them misunderstand the bible, never thought I'd see the day . The more I examine this cult the more chinks in the armor become obvious. As been posted , the light of the righteous is supposed to be as bright as the sun at this point, how come they are still changing the light ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit