Jehovah’s Witnesses Lose Court Battle to Suppress Freedom of Speech

by Dogpatch 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Good information and great post Randy!

For what it is worth, I can promise each and every one of you that one day, either from GOD or from earthly governmental officials, Justice will be served to the leadership AND to the lawyers of the WTB&TS. It is obvious that the misuse and abuse of the legal system is enjoyed by the WTB&TS. The JWs that can think and reason but are not taking any corrective action to stop these crimes and the evil and vile acts; are just as guilty and deserving of punishment as is the leadership of the WTB&TS.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    The religion went further and attacked victims of abuse that interviewed for the newspaper articles. Victims were told they would be sued into poverty if they did not retract the stories given to the newspaper of being raped as children. One girl due to intimidation withdrew her story and other victims went into hiding.

This not what Christ would do but most certainly the Devil would. So who runs the WTBTS again?

• mouthy
    mouthy

excellent news!
    Sure is Thanks Randy!!!! we need to hear these reports after Barbara's bad news. (HUG)

• Gill
    Gill

The slimy buggers deserve what they're going to get in time. Eventually their 'rock' is going to be lifted and people around the world are going to be disgusted at what they find in the Watchtower society.

Having re read the BBC Panoram expose on the Watchtower coverup on child molesters I could not help being utterly outrage about the treatment meeted out to these children by the arrogant elders and GB members.

Adults having unmarried sex would be instantly DF'd by Elders usually (except if children of elders, there's always exceptions)

BUT and adult who has sex with a child is just quietly told off or reproved but despite this being a CRIMINAL OFFENCE for years upon years the WTBTS covered it up.....and lo and behold....continues to cover it up!

How can any rational system of law continue to allow the bOrg to get away with what it has done?

So far as I am aware the Catholic church has been forced to pay out millions in compensation. Is it true the WTBTS has not had to pay out a single penny? Why do they continue to evade justice?

They must be exposed for the lying bigots that they are!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

In the Barbara Anderson case, from what I understand, the basis of the court rejecting her arguement was not that the WT was right, or that she didn't have a right to say the truth. The basis is that the religion has the freedom to expel members at will. They have no obligation to allow a person to be a member of their religion/church/congregation, even if the person had every right to do what they do, and has in fact done the right thing-that is not against any church standard or rule-they still have the right to expel that person. Otherwise, I guess the govt. would be infringing on the right of the religion to do what it wants to??

Personally, I think the entire thing is misguided. She was expelled because she was a whistleblower-and I think religious whistleblowers should have some kind of recourse that is available to others. Because she exposed wrongdoing, she lost her livelihood, her home and all of her friends. Now I don't think the court has any place in re-instating her religious standing, but she was ousted from her JOB and her HOME (regardless that it was volunteer) because of her correct actions, and that should be compensated financially. Not penalized.

I am happy about what happened in the European court case! Finally, a place that the WT can't manipulate with their platitudes and false piety about freedom of religion and freedom of speech!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

What I don't understand is how they can get away with slander. If I'm understanding what I read a while back on her case is that the issue is how they announce the dfing--by saying people who are thieves, murderers, etc. are kicked out--that is slanderous because the Andersons were none of those things. Isn't it standard practice to read that scripture that calls dfd people thieves, etc.? That's how it was done back when I was in the borg.

It's sad the First Amendment is being bastardized to allow people to lie about others' character.

Randy, is there any inkling the international (US, etc.) media will be covering this?

• Rooster
    Rooster
    What I don't understand is how they can get away with slander.

This is something that you have to take to civil court..

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Rooster made a good point after quoting the phrase about the WT "suing people into poverty". That sounds similar to "beating someone into submission", "hounding them into fleeing" or "harassing them to the death". None of these phrases sounds Christian to me. They certainly don't sound like anything Jesus would order his disciples to do concerning unbelievers. And we're not talking about people who just don't agree or accept "the Way". We are talking about victims of horrific crimes. I just can't envision Jesus and some apostles coming upon a rape victim or the man whom the Good Samaritan helped and when the victim said they were going to report it and/or asked Jesus and his group to help, Jesus reacted like the WT is doing and said if you go to the Roman soldiers, we'll have you thrown out of the temple.

The answer to Rooster's question is: The devil runs the WTS. If God approves of how the WT treats rape victims, he is mentally ill. Since no one here is going to buy that, then we have to assume he doesn't approve.

The author who wrote the book and criticized Muslems (Salmon Rushdie) had to go into hiding in order to save his life. It's pretty sad when the WTS employs the same tactics as Islamic terrorists. We have abuse victims taking back what they said and some hiding in fear. This is religion? This is love? This is evidence of the "worldwide loving brotherhood" that Jesus said would identify his true followers? It sounds more like the Nazis, the KKK, the KGB, and similar groups to me. Where is the "truth" that the WTS is always harping on?

One of the tragic ironies is that the WT claims much of this is being done so they can stop people from bringing reproach on Jehovah's name or organization, so they have to stop these "lies" and "slander". I submit that their tactics do more harm to them than anything else.

• sf
    sf
    Would anyone that understands what is actually happening wish to donate their money to assist pedophiles and suppress freedom of speech?

Simple. NO. Not if they FULLY understood just how dynamic these two issues are within this organization.

Getting the public to actually DO this, to even be WILLING to try and understand, is no easy task. As many of us can attest. Yet, we WILL not quit.

THIS THREAD IS IDEAL TO INCLUDE IN OUR ACTIVISM. I suggest to the lurkers to print it and save it. Use it in your 'work' and TELL OTHERS. DON'T HOARD IT FOR YOURSELVES.

HEAR ME WELL TED JARACZ...WE WILL NOT QUIT.

IF YOU EVEN GET THE SLIGHTEST NOTION THAT THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF THIS, PUT IT OUT OF YOUR SCREWED UP HEAD BROTHER. IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

sKally

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah’s Witnesses Lose Freedom of Speech
    ProgressiveU.org, CA - 31 minutes ago
    Denmark court ruling December of 2006 Jehovah Witness lost a key decision to suppress freedom of the press.They were ordered to pay legal fees of 50000 ...

Calling all supporters of freedom to do a quickie register and post your comments at this high ranked news blog will be seen by thousands

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit