Jehovah’s Witnesses Lose Court Battle to Suppress Freedom of Speech

by Dogpatch 48 Replies latest jw friends

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Mary: I agree that it is hypocritical that only the GB have true freedom of religion. If a country bans them, they scream bloody murder. Then if they get legalized, they tell the JW's what to think. Real cute. Their point is that you joined this religion on your own. I see what they mean to a degree, but I don't agree that slandering victims and those like Barbara Anderson should be allowed. Maybe they have the right to run the internal justice system as they see fit because no one made us join, but no one should have to suffer having their lives ruined.

One way to fight back is to tell everyone you know, go door to door and warn your neighbors. Email everyone you know. I will be posting a few newspaper people's names soon that will no doubt want to do an article on this. This should help TSOF as well. The letter is on Silent Lambs and when I read that the WT planned to "sue victims into poverty", I saw red. It's time for a showdown and they will get one this year.

To WT lurkers: You won't sue me "into poverty". I may not live long enough to see it, but you WILL someday die off as a religion. The issue is whether or not the God who owns the universe likes to see kids raped or not. You obviously think he does. The rest of the world (you know, the sane people) don't agree with your cult's viewpoints.

There are one thousand non-JW's to every one JW on this planet. We have more people, more money, more everything. I saved TSOF's resignation letter. I will show it to anyone I know who is considering becoming a JW. Information and truth can defeat the WT. All we have to do is use it. My best to all.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thanks Randy,

I hope I can be as dedictated to helping people escape that cult as you are.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Thx, Randy
    jwsons

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    no one made us join, but no one should have to suffer having their lives ruined.

We do need to recognize that everyone inside the society has not done so by choice. Children born and raised in the society did not have a choice. Children being raised by their parents who are JW's don't have a choice. I have a friend who told me that his greatest fear as a child and going to the KH, was that the Elders would call out his name as being disfellowshipped. He couldn't even comprehend what that was but was so filled with terror at what it implied, that there were times he could scarely breathe from the anxiety. As a child, the fear of abandonment leaves lifelong scars for many people and as a JW child, that fear was ingrained in him daily causing repression in other areas to counteract that demon. It is all those children we must protect because they had their choices taken from them. sammieswife.

• Scully
    Scully
    I agree that it is hypocritical that only the GB have true freedom of religion. If a country bans them, they scream bloody murder.

What I would like to see tested is whether a CORPORATION is truly entitled to First Amendment rights, because the First Amendment (and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in Canada) guarantees those rights to INDIVIDUALS.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

If the WTS is bought to book for its anti-social activities regarding child-abuse, shunning, etc. it will be in Europe not in the US, as I have boringly noted before in my posts on this subject.

France, Belgium, Denmark, Germany and other EEC States have proved, and are proving that they will not allow their equivalent of the First Amendment to be abused by the WTS as they have been allowed to do in the US.

Thank you Dogpatch for this information.

HS

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Great news! I don't know what the growth is in Denmark, but they are going to have a hard time with all those doors shut in their faces, if this isn't happening already.

Let's hope the Tower continues to be besieged. Europe FTW.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Sammielee24:

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not agreeing with them at all. I was merely explaining the logic that the courts use when ruling that the WT has the "right" to it's own internal disciplinary system. I never said it was fair, Christian, loving, approved by God, or anything else. I've made it plain here how I feel about the WT. If you consider my posts on Silent Lambs, you will see that even more.

I don't even like the fact that children under 18 have to EVER go to a meeting. But not allowing parents to raise their children in the religion they choose for them opens up many Pandora Boxes. I don't have the solution. What if many thought that Jewish children "had it bad"? Many do, because some consider circumcision to be barbaric. And what if the man wished it hadn't been done to him when he's an adult? Do we ban circumcision through the courts?

Again, I'm not agreeing with the WT, I'm only pointing out that drawing a line is difficult. As a psychology major, I obviously am aware of the issues of how belonging to this cult affects normal children. I'm against baptism until a person is an adult. Why? If he gets baptized at 13 years old and later disagrees, he risks being DF'd, with all of the emotional and psychological damage that might ensue. But I doubt the Supreme Court will forbid baptisms in ANY religion until the person is 18 years old.

I know the children had no choice. That's another reason why blood should NEVER be kept from them. Maybe when they are 21 years old (and a transfusion was court-ordered), they will be glad because they are now alive and able to say "I QUIT" to the WT. No child should have to die for his parents' beliefs. I don't even like the idea of a parent dying for the PARENTS' beliefs. Children need parents and I don't like a mother or father throwing their life away because of the blood rules. But then someone could say that skydiving should be illegal for people with children because they have no right to risk their lives and leave children for the state to pay for. Where do you draw the line? Who draws it?

I mean this in all sincerity. I detest the WT. I am just pointing out what some courts have decided and why. Even adults can suffer because of being JW's. I lost my wife and daughter due to my stand against the WT's policies after my child was raped. I almost didn't make it to where I am now. I fully support the idea that the children must be protected. But short of outlawing the WT and taking children away from parents who inflict what many consider "emotional abuse", I don't know how all of this can be resolved.

My best to you.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Randy : good find , i give the wt 5 more years in the U.S. before the U.S. COURTS. really start to bang the crap out of them. Trust me it's coming. hope they try me. I would love a penthouse on the CROOKLYN WATER FRONT. john

• Terry
    Terry

I've sent the entire story to Bill O'Reilly at Fox News. O'Reilly targets child molesters on his broadcast and gets results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit