I find this very hard to believe. What do you think?

by whyizit 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Xnived Shadow
    Xnived Shadow

Are the Elders claiming this or the whole congregation? Or did they get this info from HQ? Do the lies really go that high?

• blondie
    blondie

If this truly happened, there would be something on record re the town board, village, etc., minutes of meetings, etc. Could even be something in the local newspaper (weekly). I know that several congregations in this area had to do some explaining, answer some misconceptions, and then were allowed to build.

Start with the local governing group, library, and newspaper archives.

Blondie (JWs love to spin yarns)

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    JW's love "persecution" it validates them

Totally agree, by claiming persecution like this they can continue with the notion that they are the one and only true religion.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't believe this at all. It sounds like the jw who is studying with your friend is trying to show her that the persecution she has most likely been warned about is real.

I would show her what bs it is if I were you, it seems like a lie that can easily be disproved, and she might change her mind about becoming a jw then.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>AND, if even close to true, this is EXACTLY the kind of lawsuit the WTS would love, where they are the put-upon good guy and Christendom is the evil persecutor.

That's the killer for me. The Watchtower LOVES to sue. Can you imagine the publicity? Yeah, I'm gonna be really shocked to find there's any truth in this one at all.

Dave

• RR
    RR

Actually I know of this happening in several areas. The one that sticks out is the Stanley Theater in Jersey City. It had sat there abanonded for years, when it was purchased by the JW's, and then discovered that it was going to be a KH, many protested, from neighboring Churches, to residence and even politicians.

RR

• whyizit
    whyizit

I have a relative who works in that town's court house and knows all the "scandals" from the past 30+ years. She, nor anyone that she works with, could remember or find any information on this. She said there wasn't any kind of records at all indicating that the JWs had any plans ever to build in that town.

I think I am going to press my friend, to ask her JW friend for details on when this all was supposed to have happened.

I agree. This might be the icing on the cake, if she feels they lied to her. She is a person that holds honesty in high regard.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    Actually I know of this happening in several areas. The one that sticks out is the Stanley Theater in Jersey City. It had sat there abanonded for years, when it was purchased by the JW's, and then discovered that it was going to be a KH, many protested, from neighboring Churches, to residence and even politicians.

True. But they peacefully and patiently overcame the opposition. And now the Stanley Theatre is considered an important asset to the city ... a thoughtfully restored and renovated active landmark again, thanks to Jehovah's Witnesses. It's worth a visit.

http://www.jclandmarks.com/stanleytheater.shtml

http://www.gabesplayerpianos.org/html/Stanloew.html

:) willow

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I am in real estate and if you can find a property with the zoning approval there is nothing that they can do no matter what state you are from.

This lady told her that they had wanted to build one, even had a place designated, etc..., but the local churches all came together and opposed it, and forbid it to happen. The local churches made a very big stink about it

Most churches with all the information flying around about the witnesses don't view them as a threat anymore. That is all in the heads of those who want to think they are hated.

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

Doesn't sound right the WTS usually takes such cases to the court they probably didn't really care about building a congo there. Otherwise they have very deep pockets and numerous lawyers and know very well the way to the courts as they have already sued (and been sued by) numerous people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit