I missed all of my sister's 20's

by Crumpet 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think my sister is 29 today. That means due to this vile cult I missed all of her 20's.

So desperately sad that a religion can break family ties this way. I wish I could have known her as an adult.

Anyway wherever she is I wish her a happy birthday!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So sorry Crumps, I also miss my two sisters and kid brother. Don't know if a sorrow shared helps but if so I'm raising my coffee cup to you.

Nic'

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

She has missed all of yours too! I'm sure that she really does miss you...

• Gill
    Gill

(((((((( Crumpet ))))))))

Sorry Crumpet!

Possibly she is thinking about you too. Maybe one day.......

I was a braindead dub till 38! If I had 'lost' my sister along the way, how she lost you, I'd have hunted her down by now! You never know what will happen in the future!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks guys for the empathy and coffe (should that be tea and sympathy)?!

I hope she does get in touch one day but I think the only time she is likely to is when one of my parents dies...but I can just hope and hope that she doesnt hate me for not trying harder to share what I know now.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Sorry, Nina. x

• moshe
    moshe

Sorry to hear of this, Crumpet. JW's dig such a deep hole for themselves that they have a hard time admitting they were wrong. So, false pride keeps many soldiering on in a religion they have no heart or faith in anymore. They find it hard to say these words," I was wrong, I'm sorry, please forgive me"

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

That sucks Crumpet. Is she your older sister, or younger?

Big ((((((((((((((((((((((( Hugz ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for you love!

- Wing Commander

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Both my siblings are younger. I had to leave when I was 16 to live on my own because i wouldnt abide by house rules like going to meetings or on the service or come home at a stipulated hour. I did enjoy brief times with them in my late teens/early twenties when I was working towards reinstatement but they were still children then.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

(((((((Crumpet)))))))))

I know how you feel, we all do. However, I look at it this way, it isn't you who doesn't communicate, or shun - It's your family. I have told my family that I can live with knowing its not I who chooses to break up a family. This is just something we have to deal with, on a day to day basis. It doesn't make it easier in anyway, but knowing you didn't do this, makes it easier to cope(for me that is).

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit