Governing Body Going After eBay

by Gary1914 57 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Amazing you made a good point.

If I sell a used Watchtower book or magazine on Ebay ... I am not violating any copyright. I own the material because I bought the material and can freely sell it. If anyone writes a book, and libels the Society, or violates rules governing fair use in copyright, then the Society has every right to sue the violator.

In my own opinion the WTS is just annoyed because they didn't think of it and people are making tons of money selling materials from the society. Like I was given 5 original slides from the Photo Drama and if I wanted to sell them they couldn't stop me as they were a gift to me and if I had to list it under something on ebay I would use like under category of photos ,postcards, tin plate pictures hand painted glass slides and how on earth are they going to know about it.??

So instead of calling it all WT stuff maybe choose a different tltle for selling those items.

And of course the Society would have to sue every used book store in the world as was mentioned that the watchtower literature is sold in most of these stores. I myself have bought items from the Society in used book stores and Good will and even the Salvation Army sells their books. and second hand stores. Boo woo , what will the WATCHTOWER DO?

It will be interesting to see what transpires.

orangefatcat

• Gill
    Gill

You can also buy Watchtower publications from Amazon.

'Jehovahs Witnesses and the Question of Blood', is just one of the titles I read the other day.

The review said it was a 'belter of a book'.

• Gill
    Gill

Whoops! I just bought one! An absolute bargain at £4.

To think! I used to have box upon box of this crap in the loft and my husband took it all down to the tip! Never realised how useful they could turn out to be.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Forget Ebay!

Gary, your brother is a DO and he hangs out with you?

I think you should be careful what you post.

or

I think you should sneak around his house (or wherever they are living) and bookbag and computer and copy everything you can get your hands on. Ooops. Bad idea. My bad. Sorry.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The "stealing books from Kingdom Hall libraries" could be a reference to Richie RIch's little escapade, whereby he purloined a "Flock" book. Which kinda negates SlimFatArse's contention that Bethel never reads this site.

• Gill
    Gill

It is books like 'Beat the Flock' book that the WTBTS would be most concerned about falling into the wrong hands.

Elders make interesting little notes in these books about NOT reporting child molesters to the police on direct orders from Brooklyn!

Now such a book could be messy if it fell into the wrong hands.

I'm surprised that no Elders with good conscience have ever been truthful enough to expose what the WTBTS tells them to do and not to do with their horrible dark secrets! Or is 'Elder' and 'Conscinence' two words that don't appear together?

• Kaput
    Kaput

The whole idea is silly beyond belief. But then again, look who's running the show

YUP, you guessed it! The Clown Squad.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

FYI

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

FYI

I have a copy of the new book that is only given to pioneers. Anyone here with the proper credentials can request that copy from me.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Stealing literature from the inside??? Sounds to me like RIchie RIch has been undercover again!! HA HA HA What cracks me up is how many thrift stores do you see the literature at? The stores never purchased the literature, yet they turn around and make a profit off of it. Is that too breaking copyright laws?? How rideculous!!

I think the real fear is they are trying to delete any traces of old literature they can in order to keep the rank & file from seeing actual proof that this old stuff is filled with crazy thinking and teachings. The less old literature circulating, the less likely the rank & file will give any credit to the things being said about their old light. No actual proof.

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit