What message would you like to say to anyone studying with the JW's?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

RUN, FOREST, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL....my thoughts exactly. I'd also warn them not to look back, lest them become a pillar of salt. Faster Brother Jaracz, he's gettin' away!!.......and I need to get my 15 minutes in!!

• whyizit
    whyizit

My best bud is not yet baptized, but heading that way. She's been studying off and on for about 9 yrs. Starting to go door-to-door now. I sure wish she could see your warnings, because I am sure she isn't aware of the way things are going to change. But she already shows the signs of her mind being closed to anything that is not of the WTS. (Yet, there is this "glimmer" of her old independant self.)

If only she could hear it directly from those of you who know the inside scoop!

She may not see it, but I hope there are others reading this post who will heed the advice. At least do some research about things you should ask before joining any group. Especially if people refer to it as a "cult". There is a reason for that! Look up How Cults Work . com and see if it rings a bell. It doesn't mention names, so you are not looking at apostate material. Just the definition of what a cult is and how it operates. If you feel the WTS doesn't employ any of the techniques of mind control, then you must be in a different group than the ones I have been around.

Know what you are getting yourself into. Please don't be blind-sided later. This is your chance to make sure you are making the right decision. You have the right and the responsibility to check things out for yourself. With ALL information. Not just from the side of the person selling the goods.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here's good advise that someone gave me: Don't make any decisions based on any miracles you didn't witness personally.

• RAF
    RAF

I would say

Check Matthew 24:15
    (any religion is not the solution abomination is taking place there)

Matthew 25:34-46
    If you want to worship God or feel great about yourself worship your fellow human being
    that’s all what count – respect for others lives and charity any kind (the same as you want from others)

Forget about the fear to die (we will have to die anyway in a way or another as human being)
    Forget about judgment (we are not allowed just because we are not even able to know everything even about ourselves)
    Forget about your ego (each one of us is nothing without the others)

Now any religion who do not teach or lead to this is not coherent with the Gospel.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

don't

and if you do ....stop

and if you feel you can't stop......seek professional help

ps professional help is not your local elder

• seek2find
    seek2find

Ask the Teacher if they would be comfortable signing a document that says they Beleive Jesus alone is head of the Christian congregation and he ALONE is our LORD and Savior, not any organization. If he( She) disagrees, ask why and ask him (Her) to show full suport in the Bible that salvation comes from and Organization. It doesn't work this way for Jehovah's Witnesses. A witness cannot look to Jesus alone as Savior but must look also to the Organazation for salvation. The proof is in the second question ask at Baptism. THIS IS A FALSE TEACHING!!!!! seek2find

" Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. " (NIV)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Gary, that's great!

RUN did nothing for me when I studied. Using the bible to prove to me they were wrong did nothing for me.

I would tell a person: Do your OWN research from NON-WT Material. Apostates can't write everything, so yes, it is okay to look at things that did not come out of Brooklyn. They use 'secular' materials, you should as well.

After that, if your instinct is telling you that they are off about something, or there's a so-called "fact" that doesn't sit right with you, then you are right not to trust it. Trust yourself!!

• Plummet
    Plummet

Google

• Plummet
  • choosing life
    choosing life

Use the internet to do some serious research first. I would tell them of the consequences of being a jw- taking away your right to vote or participate in politics, separating you from your family who are not jws, the possibility of losing your life or your children's lives for a failed blood policy, not being allowed to participate in any holiday celebrations, being used as a slave , being encouraged to not go to college, and the possibility that you will some day be shunned by everyone dear to you just because you change your mind.

Then I would want them to read about the way high control groups operate through Combating Cult Mind Control. But most of all, I would tell them when those red flags come up, those nagging doubts to confront them and pay close attention. If I would have done this, I would have never gotten involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit