Did feel that you were at a mental breaking point at the point of leaving?

by jambon1 40 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Billsfan23 said

I am in passive mode now - I don't refuse anything, but don't volunteer for anything now either. I am a total slacker in the hall now - although I am still regular at the meetings, I don't do a whole lot. It keeps the peace in the house until the kids are a little older, then I will be more forthright with my "fade"

I dont know how old your children are now, but if I had my way again, Id get out while my children were still small. My daughter is now locked in to the legacy of the org that I left her. Please dont let your children grown up in the org. For their sakes get out now

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
  • mandivided
    mandivided

YESSS

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Becca hugs to you honey. It will get better. KNOW that there are MILLIONS of us out here who understand and have done this too. THere is hope. There is light at the end of the process.

• zack
    zack

I think I'm over he hurdle, which for me was admitting to myself the charade I had beleived. A life time--- LIFE TIME---- of beleiving, doing, defending,

arguing, self denial, self sacrifice, and guilt---- and in the end to find out that it wasn't for God at all, but for THEM: a faceless collection who take no responsiblity for their

actions.

Right now I'm just pissed somedays and sad some others. I am getting the strength to do what I have to do. One of the things I am doing

is developing a network of friends outside the org. I know most in the org. will drop me like a hot potato once I am no longer in--- I'll be a leper to them.

Hang in there!

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Thankyou for that explanation 'Lady Lee'. But i do not see the logic in the WT's interpretation of this.

You mentioned:

This scripture is used to show a duty to perform on request

but notice what the scripture also says:

except by mutual consent

So this suggests 'due' is not rendered as an obligation upon demand, it is surely agreed upon with wholeheartedness by both parties.

So if one refuses to give the other their 'due' they are quite right to do so on the grounds of this scripture and hence is no excuse for the other party to just walk away and seek it elsewhere. Where in this scripture or the rest of the Bible indeed does it say they can do that?

So surely this is the WT misinterpreting this scripture?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

So this suggests 'due' is not rendered as an obligation upon demand, it is surely agreed upon with wholeheartedness by both parties.

So if one refuses to give the other their 'due' they are quite right to do so on the grounds of this scripture and hence is no excuse for the other party to just walk away and seek it elsewhere. Where in this scripture or the rest of the Bible indeed does it say they can do that?

So surely this is the WT misinterpreting this scripture?

Of course it is a misinterpretaion. But tell that to an elder who is supposed to be in command of his household and whose wife must be in subjection.

For as many scriptures I could quote his his "authority" over his wife and family came first.

After 15 years of this I finally went tot he elders. And they sided with him.

Doesn't leave a lot of room for mutual consent

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

PS Any abuser pretty much has the freedom to do what he wants while the elders allow the abuse of women and children.

I'm certainly not the only woman on this forum to experience this type of abuse from their JW husbands

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I absolutely agree; it was for my mental and emotional wellbeing to get out, and as soon as I did the relief was palpable.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

This is particularly disgraceful because here we have an example of the congregation leaders abusing their position & power based on mis-interpreted scripture to achieve their own selfish goals for the purposes of self indulgence & control. This is completely hypocritical because the JW's are constantly criticizing other religions and their leaders for abusing their power also in a similar manner. But your situation along with many others like it (for anybody else this has happened to like you mentioned) goes to prove that they are NO better. The thing that sickens me even more is the amount of praise that these men then give themselves in the Watchtower articles. By drawing attention to their supposed qualities i.e "gifts in men' and 'Worthy of double of honour' they portray themselves as people you can confide in, trust & respect and then of course they go and behave totally contrary to this when out of public sight.

Thankyou for discussing this 'Lady Lee' it must have been truly horrible for you to have endured this for all that time and am happy for you now that you are out of it.

Respect & best wishes

LFCV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit