New here so this may be long...

by mandalion 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

You have a "right" to feel however you want to feel.

I was raised as a JW and my rose colored glasses where broken seeing the last 10 minutes of the May 2002 Dateline exposing the pedophile problem in the WTBS.

Codeblue

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Welcome, Mandalion! Great post. Brought back lots of memories for me of when I first discovered these sites.

It was great to know that I wasn't alone, and that there were thousands upon thousands of ex-JWs who thought a lot like I did!

S4

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome

Isn't it refreshing to find that there are others like you? I have tried to explain to people who were never associated with the WTS what it was like. They look at you with an expression that clearly shows that they cannot fathom what you are talking about. They have no conception of what a control group like this can do to a person's life.

Hope you learn much here and realize your own self-worth. Many have gone on to rise above their background of WTS thinking and gone back to college to truly live a life of service to others.

• mandalion
    mandalion

Thank you. It has been so nice to feel so welcomed!

• zack
    zack

Thanks for your story.

Al the best to you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome, and I hope this site really helps you clear the guilt that high control religions use to manipulate their members.

To let you know that you are not alone you may be interested to know that this site has 25,000 registered members. On top of that, over the last 10 years over 1 million people have left the Watchtower Society.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Beautifully expressed. :)

Welcome!

S.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome Mandelion.

This is the best guilt-relief trip you will ever take.

Jeff

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi and welcome. No apologies needed, just post often and know that your input is helpful to others!

catfish

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome Mandalion,

I too am a new member, I stumbled upon this site about a week ago and I am addicted!!!

It's amazing that soooo many people have the same experiences and they said we would be alone if we left!! HA

Anyway welcome, enjoyed your post and look forward to more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit