Do You Miss Your Sense of Belonging?

by The wanderer 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaput
    Kaput

Of COURSE I miss belonging to a cult!!! (Three exclamation points for emphasis.)

• Wafe
    Wafe

Although I am new to this website, I will give you my two cents worth.

I was one of JW's for the last thiry five years (I was born around it. If you only count my baptism it would be since 1991) and to tell you the truth, I NEVER felt like I had fit into it as there were so many times that I was simply ignored. Because my mother was not in good standing, all of my family was shunned. Because of this, I felt that most of them came to the conclusion I was unworthy of associating with. I did not make any friends until I was 28 years of age and have never married because of this. When I finally did make friends in the orgnanization I discovered that they were not only like the world, they were PART OF THE WORLD.

Being alone all those years has given me the ability to go on alone so I guess the answer to your question is no I don't miss it since I never had it to begin with.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    :The sense of belonging in the WBTS is an illusion..Not one of yor old friends,would hesitate to betray you,on the WBT$ command..You know it,I know it,anyone who is,or has been a Jehovah`s Witness knows it.....Something to think about...OUTLAW

I agree with OUTLAW. The "sense of belonging" that is felt imo is bogus. A more appropriate term would be, Do You Miss your Sense of Being Used. Just stop toeing/towing the watchtower line and see how "the friends" or "the brothers" take away that spurious "sense of belonging".

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit