It must be "Global Warming"

by Warlock 93 Replies latest social current

• Warlock
    Warlock
    So you agree then that the polar caps are melting/shrinking?

Absolutely. The disagreement that I have, is the CAUSE. I don't believe it's people. I believe it's just a re-occuring cycle of nature and some politicians, scientists and environmentalists are using it to try and make mega-bucks at our expense. That's all.

Warlock

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    What melts ice?

Alcohol in my drink, Margarita anyone? Warlock, lets toast to the ice age tonight at 7?

abr

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Did you know that on September 11-13, 2001, there was a unprecedented temperature change across the U.S. not seen in the previous 30 years (at least) and not seen since? Did anything unusual happen on those three days that could account for the temperature fluctuation? HINT:

This is just one of many indicators that human activity is a contributing factor to overall climatic trends.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Warlock...you're too smart not to put 2 & 2 together on this issue. If you need a good explanation as to how it works, watch "An Inconvenient Truth".

(It's o.k. anytime you want to cross over to the intellectual side!!!)

Swalker

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

warlock,

the scientists (there are two very vocal ones) who say that global warming is a myth, and that weird stuff is a natural phenomenon, have been shown to be on the bank roll of oil companies. i can provide sources if you like.

It must be "Global Warming".

actually, weird weather patterns like hot in some places while getting strangely cold in other places, is an indication that we are experiencing "global warming". disruption of local climates is global warming 101.

tetra

• Warlock
    Warlock
    the scientists (there are two very vocal ones) who say that global warming is a myth, and that weird stuff is a natural phenomenon, have been shown to be on the bank roll of oil companies

tet,

Can you tell me that the proponents of the global warming agenda are on nobody's special payroll? They are all on the up and up? I don't think so. No disrespect intended towards you, because after all, this is a political issue and sometimes things can get a little heated.

swalker,

Yeah, like Al Gore is a bastion of truth.

Warlock

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Did anything unusual happen on those three days that could account for the temperature fluctuation? HINT:

My guess is that it got warmer due to the jet contrails disappearing. Normally I would say that having cloud cover keeps the temps up, but contrails are just a synonym for "overcast skies." I imagine that the sun typically reflects off of the 'white' contrails thereby cooling the area beneath, but if the contrails are missing, the earth should absorb the heat.

So which was it Leo? Warmer or cooler?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Well one thing is for sure, we will eventually know the answer.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    we will eventually know the answer.

At the very least, our grandkids should....

• james_woods
    james_woods

Did you ever notice how the "ozone hole" that was supposed to be coming from car air conditioners practically never gets mentioned anymore? It is apparantly still there -- the only articles I could find on it say they hope it will go away someday in the future. This article also made the point that the substitutes for the old kind of Freon are in fact extremely potent greenhouse warming agents - being hundreds of times more potent than ordinary CO2.

My question on this is: if it is real, are any of the hand-wringers doing anything to stop it? One way would be to scrub CO2 from power plant exhaust emissions - but I don't here many of the environmentalists harping on that. Most of them want to drone on about how bad oil is and how much they want to distill every crumb of corn we can grow into this country into E85.

Incidentally, my reading on this subject suggests that there is a warming trend in fact happening. What I am not so sure about is that this will really continue unabated without some other effects taking hold to change the trend - like for instance shifts in the ocean thermocline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit