How many of us were janitors?

by Fleshybirdfodder 22 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yup, I did it all, stripped, waxed, floors, owner of my business and helped others after I quit. Yes I went to meetings and FS without sleep and without any sympathy from the ex, as her darn arm was constantly waking me up. I remember doing floors at night and then having to drive the whole way back to Philadelphia each night from Baltimore and try to stay awake in 100 degree heat. Yup, sat with MrsSympathy waking me up all day long.

Man was I a idiot.

abr

• blondie
    blondie

I had a cleaning business for awhile. I made 5 times as much as I would have in my previous field of banking. As a banker I learned that I would rather make $20 an hour cleaning than $5 sitting behind a teller's window. I never found cleaning demeaning and was proud to do a good job. I don't demean anyone who is in cleaning and is earning an honest living.

Blondie

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I wasn't a janitor. I worked for a brother as a roofer. He did have a janitorial service as well though.

Between janitors and construction workers, I think you have 95% of the self-owned jw businesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit