How many of us were janitors?

by Fleshybirdfodder 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Lovelylils post made me think.... Dubs pretty much rule that particular sector. My mother was more proud of me working for the P.O. cleaning toilets than if I had gone on to be a doctor. So let's be honest...

What were your expertise? Stripping? Waxing? Did you own your own machines/business or subcontract from another brother? Any disputes? Horror stories? Ever have to go in service after going on no sleep at all?

FBF

• bernadette
    bernadette

I've done my share of window cleaning and domestic cleaning during my pioneer days.

bernadette

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, i cleaned grocery stores at night for a while, and then windows by day for a while. and then i got fed up and got a job doing risk management at Enron. from the frying pan into the fire as it were. ;) lol

tetra

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

tet... LOL! And no disrespect to anyone doing this. It supported me for many years and is honorable work.

FBF

• mama1119
    mama1119

There was a ton of them from my old hall, and my cousins were after they left Bethel.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I wax and stripped floors at a huge supermarket, security desk at con-dos and yes I enjoyed Christmas there to the tune of $2,000 a year in $ gifts

• Warlock
    Warlock

I was, and I hated it!

Warlock

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I also cleaned offices. Mostly banks and a couple of lawyers offices. I always wondered what went on during the day. I dusted the pictures of their families and wondered what their lives were like. Sometimes I really liked working at night and not being a nine to fiver. Other times I got freaked out because it was so late and I was all alone.

FBF

• JeffT
    JeffT

Did some light janitorial for awhile, then I took a job as an animal technician at Washington State University. Not much better work, but the pay was steadier and the benefits were good. I went back to school about 7 years later to study accounting. In retrospect that was the beginning of my exit.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Yeah

I was for a while

Thank God I saw the light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit