My old KH had a personal visit from me today!

by moshe 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

I was on business in the area of my old congregation ( I live out of state)- the one I first got baptized in back in 1973. They were just getting started on their discussion before service- it was 9:03 AM and I just impulsively turned into the parking lot and decided to pay them a surprise visit. I just walked into the KH and looked at them for 30 seconds. I didn't recognize anyone and finally they asked me what I wanted. I told them my name and that I had been gone over 25 years and just stopped in to say Hi- Only one of the brothers I asked about was still alive. They all had smiles for about 10 more seconds , until-

A sister asked me what KH I attended and I told her I had gotten smart and left in 1988. ( smiles are gone now) After a few more pointed comments from me, the brother who was leading the group folded his WT mag and walked me to the vestibule- he closed the door and then asked me why I had left. He had only been in since 2000, I found out. I asked him what he knew about 1975 and he said he had heard rumors. Well, I told him all about it- how the son of the p-overseer at this KH had quit high school to be a fulltime pioneer back in 1974- the end was so close that everyone was saying "stay alive 'til 1975". We talked for 20 minutes and he listened to everything I told him about the Org. "But the light is getting brighter", he said. Well , after he looks up my WT literature references and browses the internet he may have other ideas. I told him "you will be surprised to learn the WT Society predicted the end for 1914 and later for 1925, too" Finally the group came out and he had to end the discussion. Moshe told them all to pay close attention to the study of the Jan 1 WT- "the society has all but admitted they never had God's spirit back in 1919", and- 'Don't waste anymore of your life in the KH", I told them as I exited the KH. They just stood there speechless and watched me leave.

I was surprised how calm everyone was when they figured out I was an ex-JW. I expected to get the boot from that brother, not his questions.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Wow, thats funny. I could never do something like that!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Wow Moshe, that isn't something I'd do, but then again it's less than 2 years since I was last in my old kh. I hope your answers to the brother who questioned you have some effect, and he looks up some information. He might well be in for a shock if he does.

Wouldn't it be just great if he ended up posting on here?

• Will Power
    Will Power

HAH! are you kidding? Thats amazing!
    can you imagine if that guy looks up the stuff you mentioned? You seem to have a knack for this. Could be a new hobby! visiting KHs at this time of day - they are gearing up to talk to the public and in you come - their cordial face is on.

Now thats what I call a Ministry delivering the good news.

wp

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

sweet! You are like the traveling Circuit Apostaseer.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Man, you are fast becoming a hero of mine.

Likely, it was the length of time you indicated you've been out that led to the elder questioning you instead of giving you the boot. He very well may research the points you brought up. It is interesting you didn't recognize anyone there. Either they are too beaten down by their long, tedious years of association with that religion to join in the fun anymore, or they have moved, or "moved on", or left the organization.

You have had 25 years of life that some of those you left behind never got the chance to enjoy. They were too worried about the impending judgment at Armageddon and whether they could survive faithful under tribulation to concern themselves with such trifles as truly appreciating their current gift of life.

That ought to be enough to put a spring in your step and a warm breeze at your back.

• JH
    JH

That's amazing how you were in control of the situation.

Did you feel God's spirit helping you?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Moshe, All us Apostates are proud of you.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Good job. Your story sounds very much like mine. I was baptized in 1973, quit going in 1988 and wrote the letter in 1989. There were a lot of nice folks at my old hall. It would be interesting to see how they're doing. I'm quite sure that some of them are dead (either that or they're about 100 years old).

• Purza
    Purza
    Moshe told them all to pay close attention to the study of the Jan 1 WT- "the society has all but admitted they never had God's spirit back in 1919", and- 'Don't waste anymore of your life in the KH", I told them as I exited the KH. They just stood there speechless and watched me leave.

You have b*lls of steel! (I mean that in a good way ). I could never do that. You never know -- maybe some had doubts and you just made the seed grow.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit