Did you take too much 'ownership' in the territory?

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

As a Jw in the D2D work, I always had this feeling of special right to be there. I had worked the territory so often that I knew every house, sidewalk, what door to knock on, etc.

I noticed in myself a comfortable sense that I had some sort of 'right' to be there, not as if I was walking on someone elses property, though I knew that and respected their property - but a feeling of familiarity that looking back was out of bounds. Almost like the territory was literally 'ours' - as in ownership.

Did anyone else have this weird sensation.?

Jeff

• vitty
    vitty

I dont know if this is what you mean, but I used to feel quite aghast if someone came to the door shouting that id woken their baby or had disturbed them in any way.

I mean Id only knocked on their door it was "my right " to do so, I thought it was really strange that they would be annoyed with me .

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Almost like the territory was literally 'ours' - as in ownership.

Did anyone else have this weird sensation.?

Yes,some (many) did the service for political points.I was totally commited to doing God's work like a crusader and made it my obligation to preach to every soul in the 'Kingdom' i was personally affronted and felt inept if i could not reach out and save everyone.

I believed it all hook line and sinker and this is what makes them such scary fanatics.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

One of the big things that indicts them is that I had an acute awareness that my 3 generations of Haszard's had declared the absolute certainty of the 1914 generations promise and when it failed and turned out to be lie I ate the crow.

The WT has a saying about goats who reject their "kingdom hope" message as being WILFULLY IGNORANT well what goes around comes all around.They have been served notice and are forbidden to enter my 'territory' private property as they do not own me anymore NO TRESPASSING SIGNS
    Watch new special about stalkersUPDATED

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Strangely, I was so used to go walking to a person's door...on their properties, that it just felt normal when I was a JW. I mean, that's what I'd been doing since I was a child.

But now, when I happen to walk on a street I know, I feel horrified at the thought that I used to go knocking on those doors and presenting awful magazines. It makes my skin crawl just to think about it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Reminds me of a gang member's supposed right to turf.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I don't know if I felt "ownership" but I do remember the familiarity of territory. I would remember who was at what house, and how they reacted last time we were in that territory.

BB

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

What about all the people who kept territories forever and refused to turn them in to get a new one. :-p

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

D2D never felt good to me. Never felt natural, didn't kike it one little bit. I love flowers though so I'd spend my time looking at the beautiful gardens we came across while someone else was doing the talking at the door.

• blondie
    blondie

I had enough non-JW relatives, friends, and neighbors that told us what upset them when JWs came to the door.

I realized that I was more likely to get a hearing ear if I was considerate and listened to what people had to say. I always used the bible and recognized I did not know everything (I learned quite a few things from the bible from non-JWs). I observed any no trespassing signs or no JWs (or no religious group) signs. Over the years people who were not happy at first I was there, ended up offering me water, tea, coffee, cookies and fruit from their trees and tomatoes from the garden.

I have always thought it strange that many JWs will not talk to people who come to their doors, such as Mormons and Baptists.

I thought this was about JWs that take out a territory and hold it for years.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit