Did you take too much 'ownership' in the territory?

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I thought this was about JWs that take out a territory and hold it for years.

Blondie

What I was really alluding to was that feeling of being so comfortable in someone else's yard, walkway or sidewalks. A feeling like we were supposed to be there - almost as it we had an absolute right to be on someone else's property.

Now - being out for 3 years - I would feel very uncomfortable taking such as 'normal'. I prob am still not conveying the feeling I used to get accurately. Sorry.

Jeff

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think you conveyed it just right....and THAT is exactley how I felt too. We had a-lot of nerve, didn't we?!? I remember driving down a street in a recently worked territory, and it felt like I knew everything about all the people that lived there.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I think you conveyed it just right....and THAT is exactley how I felt too. We had a-lot of nerve, didn't we?!? I remember driving down a street in a recently worked territory, and it felt like I knew everything about all the people that lived there.

Precisely! And we knew about the decorations in the rock garden, what type of dog they had sometimes, that there was a big apple tree in the backyard, etc. I could still go back into those areas that I worked a hundred times and tell you what side of the house to go to to knock without looking. Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit