who's got the money and why?

by i want answers 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• i want answers
    i want answers

Judas goat

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Judas goat is a trained goat used at a slaughterhouse and in general animal herding. The Judas goat is trained to associate with sheep or cattle, leading them to a specific destination. In stockyards, a Judas goat will lead sheep to slaughter, while its own life is spared. Judas goats are also used to lead other animals to specific pens and on to trucks. The term is a reference to the biblical 'traitor' Judas Iscariot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so if the judas goat is the society and they are leading unknowing jws to "slaughter" (as in giving up their money?) and their own life (not accountable) is spared, WHAT is the PURPOSE? What gain do they get by leading people astray? If they are elderly, and are in this scam, what are they going to gain? Am i missing something here?

• timetochange
    timetochange

Garybuss,

Hi Ed with 17 posts,

I simply asked for proof of your assertions. If you are not able to supply that proof that's fine but childish darts merely serve to prove the weakness of your argument.

Ed.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    In a corporation who's gross revenue is in the range of a billion US dollars a year, it's pretty easy to hide a million or two a year in consulting, attorney, real estate brokerage, and other fees. Don't forget research and development consultants and licensing agreements.

So true Gary. I wouldn't have a problem with a bunch of lawyers taking advantage of
    God's people not using the world to the fullest advantage, and making a living off of
    them. That's the spin they will use if it ever blows up in their face.

An attorney stole this corporation once.

Are the GB just power-hungry dupes of these guys that stroke their egos while stealing their
    commissions? Or are they expecting some favors from the money-grabbers? I think the former.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good job looking up the goat page. You wrote: Am i missing something here?

Are you aware of the history of the Society's leaders and their ability to receive benefits? Rutherford's mansions? Knorr's paper supplier kickbacks? Have you thought about the New York property sales? or the Florida orchard sale?

When you answer your question, you'll have the Holy Grail. You'll never find the answer sitting at home posting on some Internet bulletin board.

Back to the Judas goat explanation you posted. Read it again and tell me what the Judas goat gains.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its hard to have proof of anything because the society does not have to produce an audit or financial statement that would be available to the public.

one thing i've "heard" from bethel friends is that some lawyers, doctors, special cases, get to live rent free in homes that the watchtower owns. these are nice houses in new york city so you can guess the value. i have no doubt that there are higher ups that enjoy perks, some i've heard of are, vacations, flights on private jets etc.

• i want answers
    i want answers

don't all non profit org's have to supply a public financial statement?

do other non profits that do supply a statement just voluntarily give up this info?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

some financial information is provided in each years yearbook.

i've never seen a USA detailed financial statement like the ones i've seen for canada and australia. (both of which are posted here at the board somewhere)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What gain do they get by leading people astray?

You all don't need my help, but a different voice is helpful sometimes.

They get their lives spared-
    spared from the fact that they were duped before they made it to the
    high ranks. Look at Ray Franz. He sacrificed for WTS as a believer,
    then realized one day that he was in the wrong teachings. He could have
    stayed and been a Judas Goat, but chose to stop leading others to slaughter.
    He helped us see what the other GB members are doing. They were like him
    at one time, slaving for WTS, hoping the same things as others. They learned
    different once they had arrived. They thought they would enter paradise or die broke, but
    now they have purpose, travel, healthcare, power, prestige.

That's more than the goat got.

• i want answers
    i want answers

garybuss,

The goat gains that his life is spared. spared from who?

you said I won't find the answer sitting at home posting, but it's a start and I just started researching the "why"'s. and it doesn't make any sense. Everyone keeps saying that there is property and investments and everything everywhere (which i totally believe) but what good does that do to full time governing body men who sit around bethel all day?

aaaah - i just need to read the book - crisis of consciousness? any other reading suggestions, by ex witnesses etc that will answer my questions?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi OnTheWayOut,

We have kicked this topic around a lot over the years. The more I read people like Ray Franz and look at the size and structure of the Society the more I take note of their policy of non-disclosure of donations or expenses.

I have worked as a director of a legitimate non-profit corporation and we had a policy of full disclosure of all income and all expenditures. Our books were open to all members and others with legitimate interest. As a director their books were open to me. Ask Ray Franz if he had free access to the Society's Pennsylvania Corporation books.

A firm and long policy of non-disclosure of donations or expenditures is a clear message to me that the Watch Tower Corporation has something to hide from the people making the donations. What might that be?

If I owned the Watch Tower Society, I'd want all eyes on the Governing Body, especially since they resigned all their corporation connecting jobs in 2000. That's happening by design, not chance. There's no officers or directors in the spotlight. It's an old Chinese business owner's trick. I can't walk into a Chinese meat market and pick out the owner. He who appears to be the owner, isn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit