My mom replies concerning UN/ JWs. Need your help.

by *jeremiah* 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

One more thing, the last negative thing printed about the UN directly was pre application for NGO. Is that a coincidence?

It's very easily researched by looking back at WTs from pre-91 and then after. The accusations, etc are MUCH more vague after.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

*jeremiah*,

One thing to be aware of, and I recommend you stop it every time you hear it, is that the WTS lyingly refers to their action as a "registration", as would be required for a driver's license, a day pass at the UN/DPI library (which has been discontinued), or to enter a trade show or convention at some Civic Center.

The action they took was to apply, which is very different from a registration. A registration does not involve a three to six month review process and DPI Committee approval. A registration cannot form an Associate relationship between the DPI and an NGO.

ONLY a reviewed and approved application for an Associate membership to the UN/DPI can create an Associate relationship between the DPI and an NGO. When defining the relationship between two organizations as an Associate relationship, Merriam-Webster has this to say:

Main Entry: 2 as·so·ciate
    Pronunciation: &-'sO-shE-&t, -sE-, -"At, -sh&t
    Function: adjective
    1: closely connected (as in function or office) with another
    2: closely related especially in the mind
    3: having secondary or subordinate status <associate membership in a society>

Notice, there is no connotation that does not include either subordinate or united as inherent in the meaning of this type of relationship.

There is no defense available for them on the subject of applying for this membership. The section of the book Organized to Do Jehovah's Will that discusses disassociation makes clear that anyone "who wants to be a friend of the world" would demonstrate this by choosing to become joined to those who meet specific criteria. The UN/DPI meets all three criteria, according to the publications the WTS produces. No one could make their choice to join any clearer than by applying and submitting to a three to six month committee review process.

However, a registration could conceivably be made accidentally. Elders and COs don't like to know that the process of review for the application takes three to six months. They like to use the Society approved lie that the person who was visiting the library registered, leaving it to the imagination of the hearer to determine whether it was an accidentally formed relationship.

Deceivers deceive. Liars lie. Those with things to hide do things in secret, without witnesses. Those who get caught doing such things will either prove themselves honorable or will seek to silence those who discover their wickedness.

In your opinion, which is the WTS proving to be? Does your Mom think they are behaving honorably in this matter, or is she unable to even ask herself that question?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Auld Soul,

Thanks for your comments.

To answer your question:

In your opinion, which is the WTS proving to be? Does your Mom think they are behaving honorably in this matter, or is she unable to even ask herself that question?

My mom is the type of JW that let's the WTS think for her. If the WTS says that they were behaving honorably then that is what she will believe,...no questions asked. I doubt she would ask that question in her own mind,...but if asked by someone else,...WTS mentality kicks in right away...like a robot.

• dark angle
    dark angle

jeremiah, my sympathies, mom has the same mentality as yours.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

All good points however I have to disagree with this one:

Just the fact the're a corporation shows a lack of faith in God. Because they became a corporation for legal protection, which shows they really don't trust their God to deliver them from evil or direct their affairs

If this were the case then the most of the worlds believers would be giulty of lacking faith. Incorporation is allowed by the authorities not just for legal purposes but also for tax benefits. It also makes your group more open and exposed which serves the government by giving them a target should the organization ever decide to prove disloyal to the state. Incorporation is yet another form of State control over the masses.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Jringe01,

I understood the poster's point a bit differently. The world's masses are not incorporated. The majority of the world's religions are incorporated, but they are hardly equivalent the masses they serve (oppress? fleece?).

I agree with the poster's point that the very fact they are incorporated is a demonstration of voluntary subjection to the secular authorities in a matter wherein said authorities do not require ("ask") for subjection. Such voluntary subjugation under human authority structures when not required by those authorities is tantamount to rejection of God as an authority sufficient for those purposes—looking to the secular authorities for protections and favor. Much the same as Israel seeking aid from Egypt.

I would equally state the same regarding any religion that is incorporated. Of course, it basically stems from their ardent (and odd?) belief that religion must be organized by humans (secular) in order to be valid. But that does nothing to mitigate the statement it makes to me about where their confidence lies.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• missmuffet
    missmuffet

Accadia quoted from an article from the WT, perhaps you should look at the article in it's entirity as 90% of it has not been quoted, because well that would show their point and no one here is interested in looking for the truth...........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no excuse for the WBT$ to have joined the United Nations-NGO..None!..It is indefenceable by the WBT$ own rules..The only one here not interested in truth,is "you" little MissMuffet..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover
    perhaps you should look at the article in it's entirity as 90% of it has not been quoted, because well that would show their point and no one here is interested in looking for the truth...........

Yes...someone please post the entire QFR article. I thought I had it and was going to post the contents but I couldn't find it. If the entire article was shown, would you then accept the point that was being made?

As for no one here being interested in looking for the truth...you have it backwards; most people here are interested in finding out the real truth about the Watchtower Society and Jehovah's Witnesses. Once the hypocrisy and lies are discovered it doesn't take long to realize that we never knew the real truth about the religion when we were in it.

But, stick around and you may learn something as well.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

• JT
    JT

if your mom is a dye hard jw, i would suggest to leave it along

her wt training will only make whatever relationship that you have EVEN worst-

you need to learn when , where and how to pick your battles,

just my 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit