My mom replies concerning UN/ JWs. Need your help.

by *jeremiah* 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Green Chille
    Green Chille

I have read somewhere on JWD that the WTS didn't need to to become a member of the UN/DPI to have access to the Library at the UN. Anyone here that can provide a link?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

A particularly touchy subject to many COs and DOs right now. Also to the Service Desk.

(1) The WTS did not become part of the UN. Ever.

(2) The WTS did become part of the UN Department of Public Information (the propaganda department of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, the mouthpiece of the image of the Wild Beast).

(3) The WTS maintained that Associate membership with the UN/DPI for 10 years.

(4) The Governing Body has said that if anyone joins a secular organization (non-religious, which would certainly include the UN/DPI) under judgment by God (which includes the UN/DPI) that is opposed to God's will (as declared by the Governing Body, which includes the UN/DPI) that such a person has voluntarily disassociated himself from true christianity.

Given this simple set of indisputable facts, there is no wiggle room. There is also no need to split hairs with them and try to force an admission that joining the UN/DPI is equivalent to joining the UN, since such an associate membership is the closest and NGO can possibly get to joining the UN. It is okay to let them pretend there is some dramatic distinction between joining the UN and joining the UN/DPI. Just frame your questions centered around the UN/DPI as the organization under consideration.

(1) Is it secular?

(2) Is it under judgment by Jehovah God?

(3) Is it opposed to God's will (as set forth by the Governing Body)?

If so, they voluntarily disassociated themselves from true christianity, according to their own published standards.

If they apply a different set of weights to the organization that produces the literature than they do to the people that are expected to adhere to the instructions in the literature, they make themselves inexcusable. (Romans 2:1, 2)

Getting into the side points and subtleties of the relationship and what else they might have used the membership for is, in my opinion, pointless until the person first grasps this very basic reality. Once they have this simple formula in mind, the organization becomes a giant hypocrite. Unavoidably. Inexcusably, as Paul says.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Excellent points, AuldSoul. That was the crux of their argument: the UN/DPI association was nothing important, that somehow it was excusable. Keep bringing the conversation down to those points you mentioned.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Maybe this will help, or not lol

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

So according to moms understanding, its OK to associate with a DISGUSTING THING and get into bed with the HARLOT if you want to use her library???? But if a JW joins the YMCA to use their POOL...thats a disfellowshipping offense??

holy HYPOCRITE batman. Boy can this organization shovel sh*t.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Thanks everyone for all your excellent points!

Question:

Has anyone emailed the UN Librarian lately ( Dana Loytve)?

I'm curious to know if she still works there. If so,...would it be wrong to email her about this issue again? I know she has probably been contacted hundreds,...maybe thousands of times already. I have read the letter she wrote explaining that before 9/11 an organization didn't have to be a NGO/DPI member to gain access to the UN libraries.

I thought it would be good if my bro emailed Dana and copied my mom on it.

The email could say something like this:

(apologies/ niceties/ greetings)

Dana I came across this letter (copy and paste it)on the internet. Could you please confirm to myself and my mother that this is in fact a letter written by you? Thank you.

Then she replies YES to both my brother and my mom.

Whatdya think?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am just going to ask the same thing I always ask when this topic gets thread time:

Even if we take the "library card" excuse on its questionable face value - what in the hell could the WTS possibly have needed from the United Nations Library? (presumably something that could not be gained from any other ordinary library without the obvious PR danger of this association?)

I thought they were already the wellspring of all biblical knowledge and truth!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have emailed the UN using the address on the press-release/letter above.

I asked specific questions about the proceedures for use of the library materials before 1992 and since. I asked them to confirm the authenticity of the letter above to dispel doubts that it came from the UN itself.

They answered clearly - I however have lost that email to a dead computer - but I am sure they would answer your brother.

Jeff

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I own a corporation and I'm not recognized by the UN, I would have to register to be recognized by them, no registration is neccessary to get access for the library, nor has it been, it's public domain.

The application has been in place and has not changed in content or requirements since the late 60's.

The change in 2001 came about because the involvement was exposed at that time on the internet, which also caused the society to start coming down harder on rank and file surfing of the web. I'm sure others here can give the specifics, I found them from searching google for hours on end back when I came out of the org.

Good Luck

WLG

• Jez
    Jez

Acadian has shown you a powerful article from the 1979 WT 1/1 30-3.

To me, that is all that would be necessary. It is from a WT, so your Mom will read it. To me, that speaks volumes of the hypocrisy.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit