John Denver v Jay Leno

by pobthespazz 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Don't you think if it were at all true that it would be on youtube, vh1, or someplace? That would be a most famous incident...

JW's like to talk about such "urban legends" because they like to feel persecuted. (well, the nutjob pioneers and elders anyway.) It beats talking about how demons can live in objects you can buy at a garage sale and thus need to be careful of what you buy or else you will invite the demons into your home.. lol!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I heard it was Johnny Carson because he had a longtime JW cameraman.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

BTW, did you hear about the song Denver was working on when he died?....."Got me a plane that flies like a kettle, fly over water and crash in the meddle."

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes, jeff, a lot of jws are nut jobs, and such, and they are famous for Urban legends, but occ things really do happen. If it is on tape, it can be found, unless edited. I found a Carson board, just waiting for a response. There has been so much talk about it over the years, one never knows if the Carson people may have choose to edit it out. nothing surprises me anymore. this is not in defense of jws, just that i have watched late night TV for years and some weird stuff has been said, later to be edited. if you missed the original, no one will believe

• wednesday
    wednesday

Here is info from John Denver's(see Himself below) John was on the Tonight Show 15 times.
    Twice as a Guest Host.

"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (15 episodes)
    ... aka The Best of Carson (USA: rerun title)
    Episode dated 18 August 1972 (18 August 1972) - Himself
    Episode dated 19 September 1972 (19 September 1972) - Himself
    Episode dated 25 January 1973 (25 January 1973) - Himself
    Episode dated 10 January 1974 (10 January 1974) - Himself
    Episode dated 11 January 1974 (11 January 1974) - Himself
    Episode dated 27 January 1977 (27 January 1977) - Himself
    Episode dated 16 October 1978 (16 October 1978) - Guest Host
    Episode dated 4 May 1982 (4 May 1982) - Himself
    Episode dated 26 August 1983 (26 August 1983) - Guest Host
    Episode dated 24 May 1984 (24 May 1984) - Himself
    Episode dated 20 December 1984 (20 December 1984) - Himself
    Episode dated 29 May 1985 (29 May 1985) - Himself
    Episode dated 3 March 1986 (3 March 1986) - Himself
    Episode dated 3 December 1987 (3 December 1987) - Himself
    Episode dated 19 October 1990 (19 October 1990) - Himself

this was a response from a poster on the Carson board. so, if anyone has the money time and inclination , here you go.

I alos wonder if carson still has a web site, you know lots of deceased stars do, and if he does, I wonder if they could answer this, , Surely someone has asked them this before.

for myselfm I saw the show. I know Denver was on it, and I know they did talk about jws. I just can't give you a blow by blow account. it was widely discussed the next day, by jws. today, it would have been on CNN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit