John Denver v Jay Leno

by pobthespazz 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• TheBookbaggs
  • freedom96
    freedom96

Rumours spread so easily within the JW organization, where little else is left to do but talk about how they are getting persecuted, real or not.

The main thing to remember is this:

Anyone play the game where you line people up, and whisper into their ear something, and by the time it gets to the end, the real comment his completely different than it started?

Imagine millions of witnesses, starting with one, and spreading. How is one supposed to believe much of anything.

I believe when I see it first hand.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I also heard the rumors, too, in the early 1970's, because I remember thinking it odd that John Denver's Dad would go play golf with JW's. I babysat for a brother in our congregation, and he would play golf with John Denver's Dad on Saturdays. I remembered wondering if John Denver hated his Dad for playing golf with Witnesses.

CG

• wednesday
    wednesday

We fought this out about a year of so ago. Someone, can't recall now, came on here and swears they were at the concert were jws asked to leave. He (I think it was a He) got very upset that we did not believe him. i'm sure it can be found.

this has been discussed several times, but for what it is worth, I myself do recall seeing a Carson show, an original, where he and Denver did get into a discussion over jws. I swear i did. it was a very long time ago, but it has to be on the Carson archieves somewhere. It has been so long I can't give you an accurate recall of what was said, but it did involve jws and that concert.

also, i will say another thing. often things happen at concerts that can be really bad PR fro the singer. . so they get more or less cleaned up. I have been to several Meat Loaf concerts that could have been a PR nightmare. Somehow they disappear.

Nathan,Nates, lol

• Jourles
    Jourles

Abbagail,

The Aspen, CO KH lot was donated by a family in the area. I'd say roughly 1/10th of the Aspen congo has serious money. The others just love living in the area or are transients that come for the winter season(younger guys). The Silverthorne, CO KH lot was also donated by a local family. I know both families.

• daystar
    daystar

You might note that the snopes article does not say "true", "false", "unverified" or anything else about it, like it does with just about every other article I've read there.

I'm not saying I believed any of it happened as I tend to be highly sceptical. But I just wanted to note that snopes doesn't explicitly say one way or the other like it does with the rest of its articles.

• blondie
    blondie

I would check with those that in charge of the Carson shows and have them on DVD. They certainly should be able to verify if Carson had such a conversation with Denver.

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes, I would think it would not be all that difficult if one could find the right eposide. It was so long ago, but I do recall Carson and Denver and the subject was that concert and jws. I have got no money involved here.

Carson was the one show I used to stay up to watch. It was widely talked about later. (that show) There is some truth to this rumor. How much, I don't know. But unless they have edited it out of the Carson shows, that episode exists. I can't think of why they would edit it, unless someone was afraid of a lawsuit. You never know people are so paranoid, look how jws have rewrote their history. I believe things do get edited, ie, we are now more politically correct and sensitive to race, religion etc, and I imagine some things may be edited out of some old shows. (I''d hate to think where you would begin with "all in the family" lol our favorite show at the time.)

• Jourles
    Jourles

You can start your research here:

"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (15 episodes)
    ... aka The Best of Carson (USA: rerun title)

1. Episode dated 18 August 1972 (18 August 1972) - Himself
    2. Episode dated 19 September 1972 (19 September 1972) - Himself
    3. Episode dated 25 January 1973 (25 January 1973) - Himself
    4. Episode dated 10 January 1974 (10 January 1974) - Himself
    5. Episode dated 11 January 1974 (11 January 1974) - Himself
    6. Episode dated 27 January 1977 (27 January 1977) - Himself
    7. Episode dated 16 October 1978 (16 October 1978) - Guest Host
    8. Episode dated 4 May 1982 (4 May 1982) - Himself
    9. Episode dated 26 August 1983 (26 August 1983) - Guest Host
    10. Episode dated 24 May 1984 (24 May 1984) - Himself
    11. Episode dated 20 December 1984 (20 December 1984) - Himself
    12. Episode dated 29 May 1985 (29 May 1985) - Himself
    13. Episode dated 3 March 1986 (3 March 1986) - Himself
    14. Episode dated 3 December 1987 (3 December 1987) - Himself
    15. Episode dated 19 October 1990 (19 October 1990) - Himself
  • wednesday
    wednesday

Denver was huge in the 70'. We all were listening to his "hippie" music. most likely then it is a 70's eposide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit