John Denver v Jay Leno

by pobthespazz 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Ah - these urban legends never die!!! Has anyone EVER been to a concert where they played the National Anthem?? These myths are so stupid - but I heard them myself back in the 70s. It was John Denver and Don Ho for the concerts, and Johnny Carson etc for the other.

Witnesses loved these myths - and never stopped to ask what proof their was for any of them. They are complete lies.

S4

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The fact is, it was Don Ho in Hawaii.

or so I'm told.

Here's a site that gives the story..... http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/ordered.asp

W.Once

• SirNose586
  • NYCkid
    NYCkid

I believe it's an urban legend, such as the demonized smurfs, etc. I grew up as a JW in the Northwest and the John Denver story was popular, so much so that my parents threw out their JD records. The other day I met up with a former JW in NYC who grew up in the Northeast and it was Eartha Kitt who asked JW audience members to leave (she hadn't heard it was John Denver). The anti-JW protagonist appears to be regional.

Best,

NYCkid

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/ordered.asp

This website bears repeating. Neither the rumor about his asking people to leave or the JOHNNY CARSON story are true. Just wild stories.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The fact is, it was Don Ho in Hawaii.

There was a couple in our cong., whose son lived in Hawaii and worked for Don Ho. Truth is he liked JW's and had lots of them in his employ.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just more of the Jw created 'persecution' I fear.

Jeff

• uninformed
    uninformed

I thought John Denver and Glen Campbell got baptized together at an assembly in Washington. I heard Jay Leno gave the talk.

Brant

• avishai
    avishai

John Denver is the MAN!!! He was one of the onoly people to stand up against the PMRC in the 80's. And he was'nt even one of the bands being attacked.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Please read sarcasm in my previous post..... Thank you very much.

Don Who?

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit