Did you enjoy personal study?

by Fleshybirdfodder 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, I did - all the time that I was mentally "in" Perhaps this is where you were going wrong.

I would read the quoted scriptures, try to figure out how they applied, even cross referenced them, but usually it would lead me on a big goose chase

Apart from when I was young and naive, my studying was a preparation for a talk or something. I just had to figure out how to use this material , not to understand it. I realized some years prior to my exit that it did not do to think too deeply. The more I thought about it , the more questions came to mind, and I did not want to face them, then. So I just read it , tried to make it interesting to the audience and got on with it .

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I did at first and then as it was the same old thing I didn't and now as I research on my own, I do again.

abr

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, I did, until it seemed like a necessary thing.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I enjoyed personal bible reading, I read the bible through every 9 or 10 months, though I used to miss 1Chronicles ch 1 - 9, kind of repetitive, but I can't say I enjoyed studying the wts literature that much, certainly not after my first couple of years in the org anyway. That was repeptitive as well, it said virually the same thing over and over again, but just slightly repackaged to make it appear differrent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit