January 14, 2007; the most bizarre comments I have ever heard at a Hall

by MinisterAmos 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• praiseband
    praiseband

"If you're being persecuted you must be doing something right" - I'm sure that all the Biblical Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc.(who are, have been or will be persecuted) will be glad to know they've got the support of the JW's on this!

Praiseband

• james_woods
    james_woods

I heard that this all made Ted Nugent so mad at John Denver that he took a shot at him in that little homebuilt airplane with the big crossbow.

Notorious alien devil-worshipping communist Ted Turner got so mad at Jane that he divorced her and left her with nothing in her old age.

Nancy Sinatry just stompled off in her cowboy boots. Johnny ad Ed had to cut to the animal lady while security helped Billy off the stage.

Bad scene at Burbank Studio all around.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey, I thought Jane Fonda was a born again Christian now, maybe THATS what really happened when they met on the Johnny Carson show. . .

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

First, no matter HOW MANY TIMES they study the parable of "The Good Samaritan" the Dubs can't seem to figure out that the Jews in the story represent the chosen of god, and the Samaritans represent apostates, sworn enemies of the Jews. In the parable it is the APOSTATE that comes to the rescue of god's chosen which should pretty much erase any idea that apostates are evil; Jesus told the tale for a reason.

So what did the audience get out of it? (exact quotes, how does the last one tie in with the parable?)

"Oh if my (non-JW) neighbor is sick I could bring her some food but of course I'd never eat with her"

"We have to avoid speaking to the Brothers who are weak in the faith and never eat with them" (Not talking about DF'ed)

"We saw an example of the good samaritan after the hurricane when JW's from all parts came to help us, my neighbors wanted them to come help them their house but the brothers are not for hire, they only help their brothers in the faith"

They are the two men who passed by the beat up jew and didn't help. And yet they are too stupid to know it.

• Ken O
    Ken O

Yeah, I've heard that comment about the angels and taking notes for some time now....about the last three to five years.... Interesting huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit