Your thoughts and ideas on how and why the WTS.started, a background study.

by thetrueone 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Hi folks, I've been reading your comments in this forum for awhile now, and they certaintly have been enlighting, but I'm interested in your

ideas on who, why and how the organization started, and how did it maintain itself for all these years. What was the underlining intent of the people who started

this religion, was it an honest attempt to tell a message that they thought was inportant or was it opportunist effort to aline themselves with god in an effort

to cull power towards themselves. Certainly it has to noted that this organization started in a country where freedom of religion, press and speech are guaranteed by the goverment.

Was this too easy of a platform for people to start their own religion? Keep in mind though, the people who did start things off where in fact whealthy businessmen !

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this..............

• orbison11
    orbison11

i sent you a private message

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Hi orb whats up ?

• orbison11
    orbison11

look up, look way up, in the left,,a pm for you bud

orb

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The answers you receive for this could be many and varied. Im a Christian and still believe in the bible, I feel that the WT Society is part of Satans plan for the Antichrist. I believe they have courted politician on the sly for many years, all th while pretending they are neutral. I may be wrong, there may be other explanations. I certainly dont believe this has ever been or will be God's true religion.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Umm....thats interesting a look in a different angle

• tonyend
    tonyend

JW's, Seventh Day Adventists, et al. sprang from the Millerite movement of the late 19th Century ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millerites ). The original purpose of the WTBTS was to distribute literature and promulgate the teachings of CT Russell and others of like mind. Interestingly, Russell did not intend for the WTBTS to become the seat of a centralized religion. He often spoke against such things. If he were alive today, he would most likely be disfellowshipped. ;-)

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

First Hi and welcome to the board,

There is already so much written about the history of JW, much more than I am going to be able to remember however to figure out who is sincere or not is another issue. I believe in all honesty that CT Russell was probably a very sincere man when he started, how long that lasted? Who Knows? However it has became evident that not long after failed prophesies started coming due and no explanation except "new Light", that there was the starting of arrogance. Without enough humility and an apologetic toward those they misled, it could be that if there was any spirit from Jehovah at this point it was being removed.

The longer they are able to keep prophesying in God''s name and the longer they are allowed to ruin peoples lives the more it becomes evident that God has left this org if he had anything to do with it in the beginning. But this is only my perspective. Ultimately God is the judge and time will tell. I hope that all of us find peace in this life and the one to come.

abr

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The 1800’s was a time for founding Bible Society’s and distribution of Bible literature was on a scale never previously seen. Numerous new religions arose, including:

o Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

o Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)

o Tenrikyo

o Christadelphians

o Southern Baptist Convention

o Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod

o Ch'ondogyo

o Community of Christ (RLDS)

o Baha'i Faith

o Seventh-day Adventist Church

o New Apostolic Church

o Salvation Army

o Union of American Hebrew Congregations

o Church of Christ, Scientist (Christian Science)

o The Church of God (Seventh Day)

o Christian and Missionary Alliance

o Ahmadiyya

o Unity Church / Unity School of Christianity

o Church of God in Christ

o The Watchtower Society

Russell believed in what he believe, but don't most people that start religions. There are over 3000 cults in the USA and globally 30,000 sects. Anyone can start a new religion. Damn, even I have thought about it at times when I am short of money.

• professor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit