Do you Give to Charities or Donate Time?

by OUTLAW 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Yes I have, time and money, witness or not. I give from the heart and anyone that doesn't like it, tough luck!!!

Golf

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG This is too funny

I noticed you worked at a mission in Manitoba. I stayed at the Sally Anne there in 1990 right across from the lighthouse mission.

I worked on the Women's/7th floor from 1999-2002 but would occasionally have to do some time at the Front Desk. Now that was scary. I much preferred the quieter 7th floor. If things went well the Front Desk staff stopped most of the problem people before they got to the elevators

There was also a trailer nearby with Christians that used to help people.

I remember that. We had a few people who went over for coffee and a chat That whole corner with the drunk tank and the detox centre plus some of the people at the Sally was a pretty scary place

I also stayed at the mission in Edmonton right across from the womens shelter. That place was scary.

I hadn't been that far west but I can imagine what it might have been like

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was away for a bit,this thread turned out to be pretty cool..Thank you all,for your responses,this thread would not be the same without your participation..We have some very giving people on this board..It`s nice to see posters who have benifited from the help of others too!..When I`m in civilization,the "Salvation Army" is my Charity of choice.Although I will donate to others..When I`m in the wilderness,I try to find a church that cares about those in need and leave my donation there..Another thing I like to do is "Acts of Random Kindness"..Helping a sienor out of the hardware store to his car with his purchase,because it`s just too much for him..Helping an elderly lady off a cement curb,because her eyes haven`t adjusted to her new glass`s and can`t see where to step down,ect...OUTLAW

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

That was one of the things that made me fall in love with my hubby when I first met him. He was so giving and willing to help anyone that needed it.

I have done some volunteer work fundraising for childrens health issues (silent auctions etc) and also help with developmentally delayed/physically disabled children ride horses. It's amazing the way these children come alive when they are up on those horses! It truly is a wonderful thing to see.

I'm always cleaning out closets etc and dropping off things at the Sally Ann/Goodwill. We have a widowed neighbour and hubby makes sure her driveway and sidwalk are cleared of snow, and cuts here grass in the summer.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit