Do you Give to Charities or Donate Time?

by OUTLAW 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I never knew of any Jehovah`s Witness to give anything to the community..EVER!!..They don`t mind taking,but they don`t give back.Except in the way of manditory tax`s.....I sometimes drop a dollar or two into a donation can.I take clothes,kitchen items,electrical appliances,food or anything else I`m not using and give it to "Charity"..I never let anything usefull go to waste.Someone in need,gets it!.....Not everyone is in a position to do this and thats OK.....For those who are in a position to help those in need:..Do you Give to Charities or Donate Time?...OUTLAW

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was in to this, for awhile. Then 9/11 happened and it opened a window to see through all the crap and politics those charities do. So I stopped giving to things like, the United Way and the Red Cross. I give to local organizations, that help local people. Putting money into a national pool to be dispersed, means you pay some CEO of that charity more money then you could ever imagine.

• blondie
    blondie

As a JW I gave to the United Way for years, choosing the organizations that were secular. I have tutored as a volunteer for years. I figured some JWs would be "stumbled" if they knew so I never told anyone.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Free2Beme..I agree..I only give to local charities,church`s,kids trying to raise money for a school field trip,ect..If theres a big corporation behind it,I don`t bother..What I give,has to get to the needy..All of It!...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..Everytime I think your about as cool,as someone can be,you suprise me..I`ve never known any JW to do anything like that..Thats cool...OUTLAW

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Not only was I raised in an organization that doesn't give, nothing was ever given to me. To the contrary everything was taken from me and I have lived in survival mode for the last 20 years. All of a sudden i'm supposed to be this giving caring guy. Why don't I just bend over and take the whole thing.

• kls
    kls

Yep, i work for my local Volunteer Firedepartment and i give money to Animal shelters , as well as the RedCross.

The jw husband gives to the ever needy wt

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Tyrone van leyen..That is a funny post!..I know it was`nt meant to be,but it`s still funny!..A few years ago I was robbed and left for dead in the wilderness..Very little water,running out of food,no transportation and 30f below zero..I shared what little food I had with my pets so they didn`t die..It was the kindness of others that got me out of that Hell Hole..It took me awhile before I had a home of my own again..I remember that well.I am scarred with it...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

kis..Thats cool.....Hubby gives to the multi Billion Dollar publishing company the WBT$?..Thats got to be a pain in the ass!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

thats a roger on that, we also support several families overseas, and have extensively an elderly lady here in the neighboorhood. Unlike the society, we donate our time in helping others and some of our money also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit