What really made you exit the Jw's

by KAYTEE 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney
    one day we wound up on the same page and realized we didn't belong here anymore. So we left.

One Sunday, during the WT study, I was listening to the comments droning on and on about meeting attendance, FS hours etc....people patting themselves on the back for their "faithfullness" in such.

Then, I had a sort of an "out of body" experience, like I was truly on the outside looking in. I realized this religion didn't want me as a member just as much as I didn't belong there. It didn't matter what a good person I was, or how many studies I had, or how serious I took my ministry...if your service wasn't at least the average, or if you worked too much in their eyes, you were undesireable.

After 45 years of active service, I never went back.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Then, I had a sort of an "out of body" experience, like I was truly on the outside looking in.

I can relate. There was an elder who was the worst speaker on the planet, garbled the language, misunderstood what he read and then misapplied it to the audience, just a total wreck of a human being. He was a hypocrite and a poor excuse for a Christian on every level. Of course, he was the guy who always volunteered to fill in at the last minute and so we were frequently lectured by him from the platform. For various reasons, the PO insisted he be used in a teaching capacity and that it was the only way he could learn to teach.

During one of his rants I had the same "out of body experience" and realized something: It's his house!

Here I was railing against this injustice and all the time failing to realize that he belonged here, I didn't, that he was not an abberation as I had imagined, but in fact respresented the organization and all its faults. It was a lightbulb moment for me.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Bad food. I think I got food poisoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit