What Amazes You?

by Golf 26 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

So many things amaze me! I don't know where to begin because there are so many categories.

One would be these huge jets that can get off the ground.

All of the technology we have now because of the space program. All of the tiny computers running things and a lot of it not too costly.

How your pet can slowly nudge you off to the side of the bed so that you wake up finding yourself holding on for dear life.

How a helpless baby grows through childhood.

How stupid some people can be.

How a thermos bottle can keep things hot and cold. lol

Juni

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Television and radio.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Why it took so many thousands(or millions) of years to start the tecnological discoveries that have happened in the last 100 years????

Ken P.

• Satanus
    Satanus

What amazes me is the big building projects: the oceanic oil rigs, the big barges and cranes that are used to repair or move them. The huge ships. The cutting edge fighter/bomber jets. The ocean dredging projects and the panama canal. The construction of sky scapers. Large mining projects and the super large equipment. The people w the vision, intelligence, cooperation and industriousness to carry out these things. Compare that to some places in africa, where they build stick huts and pound seeds w stones for supper. Amazing.

S

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Airplanes are always fascinating. My hubby makes them, and even HE is still amazed by them.

I have a kind fo unique opportunity right now, as there is a new bridge being built here in the puget sound from Tacoma to Gig harbor, over the narrows (narrows Bridge) We have one bridge already and so we drive by often during the construction and get to see it being built. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch it being built and I feel really lucky. Remember hearing about "galloping gertie"? It collapsed right after being built a long time ago. The Narrows bridge replaced it, and this is the bridge that will go along side the narrows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Narrows_Bridge

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr16narrowsbridge/misc/newpark/

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There are a couple of things that totally amaze me;

• New born babies.
      • The most perfect wonder in life. From the soft peachy fuzz on their heads to the tiniest little nails on their toes - I am awe-struck. Now with my grandchildren I am amazed that a child that came from me has created the same wonder of life.
    • The human mind:
      • I think for most of my life I have been curious about why people do the things they do and what they think. I was an avid reader of stories that tested no tonly the human body but the mind and the spirit. Those stories help me survive and gain some mental strength to endure a childhood of abuse.
      • I used to listen to people talk. I would quietly sit and really listen to not only what they were saying but what they weren't saying.
      • Later on, years later on when I left the WTS and JWs and went to school I took a lot of psychology and sociology courses. They gave me the words I needed to understand all those things I had read and listened to.
      • After that, when I was working with abuse survivors I was so utterly amazed at the human spirit, the will to survive and the ability of the human mind to protect the soul, the spirit and the person. Little children who enduried some of the most horrendous things imaginable found ways to protect themselves from knowing and understanding the horror they lived every day. Their bodies were attacked and assaulted but a tiny part of the mind made sure there was a place of sanity that no one could touch.
    • I will never forget those stories and I will never fail to be inspired and awed by the human mind
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

dimethyltryptamine amazes me.

tetra

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Definitely the STYRAFOAM CUP!

You put something cold in it and it stays cold. You put something hot in it and it stays hot!

The question is...............How does it know?

Outaservice

• Paisley
    Paisley

[url=Islamic Architecture]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8018912082115778034&q=architecture&hl=en[/url]

I truly don't like religion and to be honest, I'm uncomfortable with the very mention of "Islam". But this documentary video came to my attention when amazing man-made things were being discussed. And I do so love architecture and am quite in awe of what man in general is capable of doing. And I love documentaries.

• Paisley
    Paisley

No edit available on last post. I don't think the url is right, let me try this:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=architecture&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit