What Amazes You?

by Golf 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

They say,wonders never cease, how true. Man has created many things. Being in the construction business for four decades erecting tall structural steel frame buildings, etc, it amazes me how man has built many awesome structures. One of the wonders that attract me is the 'airplane' not to speak of the airport and runways. What a marvel, it has benefited everyone. How about you? Which of man's accomplishments has amazed you? I appreciate your thoughts.

Golf

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Airplanes have always amazed me--From the start to where they are today, and how safe flying is (YES).

The Internet, iPods, GPS--technology is simply amazing!

German cars--how well they hug the curves of the road.

• becca1
  • avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Matt 15:3,9 Jesus replied, “And why do you, by your traditions, violate the direct commandments of God? vs 9 9 Their worship is a farce,
    for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.

abr

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

abr--LOL!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..A Chicken playing a Tuba...OUTLAW

• garybuss
    garybuss

The first great product of technology to benefit me was rolled toilet paper. The second, was electric lights, then oil heat, then running water, then the indoor toilet.

The technology to hurt me the most was the printing press.

• Golf
    Golf

garybuss, the good old toilet paper plus you can blow your nose with it! Ah, the modern toilet!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

......how stupid some people are.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Gary, I was watching "the History of Plumming" on the History channel and the printing press actually preceded the invention of toilet paper by several hundred years!

In fact, pages from the Sears Roebuck catalog served as some of the first commonly used toilet paper!

That said, modern PLUMMING amazes me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit