In the WT's Defence

by shadowofbathory 41 Replies latest jw friends

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

hi electronic cyber pixels

occasionally these days i will log onto this forum to scan for interesting topics

even though this is my first posting under this moniker, i am a reincarnate of a previous beast

anyhum what has made me post here now after 5 incative JWD years is that in the old days this forum had characters like YOUKNOW and many others that were still staunch active JW's that would post daily in defence of or representing the WT

This made for interesting and sometimes insightfull reading, with both sides of the WT represented in dualing matches over very pertinent subject.

I dont see that at all anymore. I see a tendency to cognitive dissonance by board members represented in their posts.

Not that i really care but you may find that you will get more bang for your hourly buck if more adequately qualified WT defence forces come out of the shadows and turn their lurking habits to one that is consistent with the spirit of the creators of this religious discussion board.

As i dont have the time nor the desire to represent as a WT protagonist here, i appeal to the lurkers or WT staff that monitor this forum themselves to do so in earnest.

So, can i get a witness??

"its the jesting at scars that makes for questioning and insight"

• undercover
    undercover
    you may find that you will get more bang for your hourly buck if more adequately qualified WT defence forces come out of the shadows and turn their lurking habits to one that is consistent with the spirit of the creators of this religious discussion board.

... i appeal to the lurkers or WT staff that monitor this forum themselves to do so in earnest.

What do WT defenders have to gain for coming here and 'trying' to defend the WTS?

I agree that it could sharpen debate skills among some of us, but if a WT defender comes here, he's going to get shot down toot-sweet by the many that are already skilled at shooting down the WT and their defenders.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Good point

There are a few on this board, but they don't seem to stir things up the way "Youknow" did. Perhaps the reason is that BIG BROTHER is watching them, and they are probably getting more warnings throught the WT about apostate websites.

It's a great pity, as it makes for a lively debate forum.

Kaytee

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, you seem to be an ideal candidate for "Devil's Advocate"...why not put your post money where your mouth is? (in humorous jest, may I assure)...

I would suggest a lively defense of either the 607 BCE date, the aluminum pots and pans, or Rutherford's V16 Caddys as a starting point.

BTW, welcome to the board from a fellow (relatively) newcomer, and good first post.

James

PS - please tell us you are not Ezra...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Well, I could pretend to be a WT apologist.

Yeah man, screw all of you and your druggy satanic AIDS carrying friends, the WT is da shit man, and Jeeeeehooovaah is going to smite your ass all over the pavement. Attend meetings or die!!! There's no child molesters nor any UN scandal, you guys just smoke too much crack just like the latest Awake! magazine said you did. Satan and his demons got you by the nutsack, and I'm gonna live in Paradise Erf with the rest of my JW buddies, and we're gonna have a party to celebrate when you're dead! I am better than you.

So, how did I do?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I really wish more JW defenders would post.
    But it would be just like my trying to make valid points with the elders
    that the WT is conflicting or that the organization is a common
    mind-control cult.

I can make the point, but the elders would not receive it. It would
    be a waste of valuable time. Better to help one person at a time.
    I think the comparison is 100% on target.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBT$ defenders eventually leave..Theres nothing to defend...OUTLAW

• Warlock
    Warlock

Could it be that there is nothing left to defend?

Warlock

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Perhaps many are coming to the realization that the Watchtower is progressively becoming more difficult to defend.

W

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Let me do it in WT logic.

The tremendous growth of former Jehovah's Witnesses is proof of God's blessings.
    The ineffectivenes of the defenders of the doctrine also prove's God's guidance.
    Jesus can be quoted when referring to those who belong to the WTS:

Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name,
    and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’
    23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU
    workers of lawlessness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit