Anybody a member of AAA? Would you recommend it?

by AlmostAtheist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• misguided
    misguided

I'm all for CAA. I've never been disappointed. I've been a member since 1991.

Two instances come to mind with respect to the other services...

I was out with someone when their battery went dead. They had the cell phone plan, but their cell phone was at home charging, and the company wouldn't honour their plan unless they phoned using that cell phone. BCAA was there in minutes even though it wasn't my car.

My fiance has roadside assistance through our car insurance company. Our pick-up truck caught fire this past summer and was a write-off. BCAA picked up the 5th wheel it was pulling and stored it (it survived the fire), and reimbursed us for our meals and hotel afterward. The auto insurance company covered no more than they would have without the optional roadside assistance plan.

Rose

• ferret
    ferret

Would not be without it. (CAA) Have had it for 21 yrs. Both my wife and I have our own vehichles. They are both new but we have still used it on many occasions for flat tires, travel info, maps etc. Not to mention booking flights through them. It is a very reasonably priced form of insurance and we would not be without it, even though we have other such services from our auto maker.And as someone else mentioned most accomodations give 10% off if you are a member.

• Been there
    Been there

I've had AAA Plus for years. I've had to use them a few times. I like to lock my keys in the car, a lot(yes I do have a spare in my purse, but it doesn't help when it's in the car too). I had a few tows also. I've gotten their vacation plans too.

I highly recomment them, they have always done good by me. Last year I even started memberships (basic) for my kids for Christmas presents so the grandkids will not be stranded.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I Highly recommend it if your car is becomng unreliable.

I'm thinking about getting it again because my daughter Miranda gave me her car while she's in Europe. I'm afraid to drive it without the extra protection. She used her sister's AAA several times when she was broken down.

We also have two trucks and I couldn't possibly change the tires on them. In the past, we used them for this purpose.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I once ran off the road (totaled the car ) in SD I live inTN they paid my tow bill, hotel room rental, meals, rental car, and an airline ticket home to TN. I had not had the policy more than 2 months.

Great Stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit