Anybody a member of AAA? Would you recommend it?

by AlmostAtheist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast

I worked for AAA National in Heathrow, FL (it's one gorgeous building) from July 2003 to April 2005, resigning only when my husband got a promotion/transfer to Pennsylvania. AAA is on the list of top 100 places to work in the U.S, and I loved working for them; hated leaving it. They are always finding ways to improve their products and services. They are a top-notch company and I use their services as a member to this day.

I would say yes, go for AAA!

• Scully
    Scully

We have used CAA (the Canadian counterpart to AAA) off and on over the years. We haven't done a lot of travelling the last few years, so we didn't bother to renew. Our vehicles are still quite reliable and fall under our manufacturer's Roadside Assistance plan, but when that is no longer available to us, we'll probably start using CAA again. We really made use of the "Trip Tick" service when we did a lot of road trips, and took advantage of the CAA discounts at hotels too.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I had AAA when I first started driving. They were useful for trip planning and flats outside my home. Roadside usually took so long, my folks would show up wherever I was before AAA got there.

At one point, I had roadside via Cingular Wireless, but when I called for help after a blowout, the rep I got wasn't even in the 48 contiguous states and couldn't seem to find any major city or highway near my breakdown. And, no, they don't track your phone.

I've got Better World Club now, but haven't had the need to call them yet.

• Quandary
    Quandary

The AAA club in Rutherford's day meant Available After Armaggedon.

Q

• morty
    morty

CAA is what we call it here in Ontario Canada and it is well worth it!

I have it for my son and I. It has to be the best 60 bucks a year I have invested into.

It looks after all my flats, when the keys are locked in the van/car, when I brake down ( and it also takes me to the gas station in my area when I am out of the city limits),when or if I run out of gas, and finally peace of mind when my children are out on the road and they cannot get a hold of mom or dad!

It will also cover if me or my children are with or in someone elses car if they brake down.

Yup, the best investment I have made and it pays for it's self after you have only used it once...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have had to use it a couple of times when we had older cars. GLAD I had it. My car is newer and we have onstar and ext. warranty so its not an issue at this time, but I would get it again, or something like it. I think they are reputable and they don't play games with the coverage. We could get similar coverage through allstate, but I think it was actually more expensive through them.

• nowisee
    nowisee

coincidentally, the first year we had AAA my husband and i both had trouble with our vehicles. i think we had to be towed probably 4-5 times within first few months. so that was great. lately i have been buying discount movie tix through them, saving $2-3 per ticket. being movie fans, our membership fee pays for itself over and over within the year. in the office i go to, depending on time of day and week, service is usually very quick (avoid saturday a.m.) and there is no limit to maps, tourbooks, etc. i keep maps of all adjacent states (and some cities) in each vehicle and in the house. good service, good value.

• blondie
    blondie

We like the travel books and the triptiks. We have booked some trips through them and use their discount rate at hotels and other entertainment destinations.

We haven't had much problem with our vehicles but they were right on the spot when we had flat tires, problems starting in the winter, etc.

You have to shop around and compare with similar services and see what fits your needs.

There is a travel magazine too that we get that tells us about events in our area and places we might considering visiting in the future.

Blondie

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Hey New Boy. Ya beat me to it.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Funny that this is a current topic, I've just been considering such matters myself lately. Only in my case, I was wondering if the roadside assistance from my cellphone company is worth getting. I have Sprint, and on their website there's a link you can click to add it for $4 a month, AND you're covered no matter who owns the car you're broke down in-just have to have your phone and member card.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit