In the Future the WBT$ will be making New Rules!

by OUTLAW 31 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

All of this is familiar to me. I really don't think there is anything that the Society has not had a say about. They stay up to date w/the latest and if they run out of things to forbid or discourage less the wrath of God be on you, they'll go back and tweek previous no-nos.

It's all about control.

Juni

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey....................................

Don't forget to leave some WT literature........WT & Awake as the tip at a resteraunt instead of $$$$$$$$$$$

HappyDad

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks for all the replys Ladys and Gentleman of JWD!!!..Yeah..I`ve been out a long time.I`m "Old School"..Everything is exactly the same,only different..LOL!!..WBT$ likes to play thier victims.....Some of the things I see ahead are:"Permission to have children"..Thats not so far fetched..In the past JW`s were discouraged to have children.WBT$ will always push the limits.....WBT$ may also require permission to Marry.....This Thread is about speculation of the future,concerning the WBT$ and thier control over the Jehovah`s Witness`s..Your comments Rock..Lets take it a step farther..Take a step into the future,bring your imagination with you...OUTLAW

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I remember a sign in a men's room at district convention 'please use only one paper towel'.

• juni
    juni

It's only a matter of time that they will outlaw (ah hem) snowthrowers for polluting the air. Back to shoveling, back to having sheep graze your property, back to long dresses and high buttoned shoes, back to making your own soap, keep the wifey barefoot and pregnant, actually go back to the 19th century where the man was the king of his castle.

"Good night Pa, good night Ma." "Good night JimBob, goodnight BillyBob........."

Juni

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

OUTLAW, since you brought it up about marriage...

JW couples getting married must ask permission to use the Kingdom Hall. And of course evaluated to insure both are in good standing before Jah.

Only Jehovah Style music can be played on the PA System.

No rice is to be thrown.

(Have they banned the decorating of the car?) If they haven't, that will be next.

I don't see how wedding cake is any different than birthday cake, so they should ban that. Besides, there is no mention of a wedding cake at the wedding Jesus attended.

Perhaps the elders need to institute pre-marriage counciling, that way the woman will know her place early on.

Elders should investigate any couple who choses not to be married at the Kingdom Hall to find out why they can't get married before Jehovah. Surely there must be some good reason for turning their back on their creator on such a blessed event.

(What else can be done to insure the JW wedding will be a miserable event?)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don`t go to a restaraunt at lunch break?..So WBT$ regulates how to eat your food now too!..???..Friggin Bizzare!..I remember when you could get 3 meals a day a conventions.Not to mention Burgers,Pizza,Pop,Coffee,Pie,Ice-creme,ect.At the end of the assembly you could buy any excess food at a decent price..Regulate Paper towels?..I heard at one assembly,they regulated toilet paper..Leaving magazines as a tip?..Yep,why not?..It`s easyer to leave it,than give it away.....Juni..I use my Snow Thrower to toss dubs back over the fence..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I would love to see some cheap bastard elder leave the Watchtower and Awake! as a tip. It has to have happened somewhere.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jayhawk1..Back in the day,you could`nt get married at the Kingdom Hall unless both partys were baptised..The music always sucked.Mostly it was the "Never Ending Polka",played by JW`s who should never play in public..LOL!!..Decorating the car has been a no-no since I can remember..Throwing rice was a pagan tradition,it was a blessing to have many children..Yes I agree..WBT$ manages to suck the life out of any occassion...OUTLAW

• Dagney
    Dagney

Does anyone remember the mirrors being covered over in the ladies restroom? Lest the spent too much time vainly viewing themselves and miss much needed spiritual food? (Oh, that was a grand time.)

Yes Outlaw...the rules are just as strict, but different. I live in a district convention town that hosts 13 conventions during the summer. They tell the friends to not even buy a coffee from the coffee cart in the lobby of the arena. But there is a line everyday. Also in the concessions that are verbotten.

My JW friends tell me constantly "people do whatever they want to do. They don't listen to a bunch of old men at Bethel." That always makes me wonder...is that true? For some yes...but I don't know, I think A LOT listen to the old men at Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit