Do CO's discuss inactive publishers?

by Inquisitor 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

During his visit, what exactly does the Circuit Overseer discuss with the body of elders with regards to inactive publishers?

Are inactive publishers even on the agenda? Or is this of no concern to the CO and pretty much left to the discretion of the local BOE?

INQ

• Dune
    Dune

I was informed that the next time the CO comes in march, that i'll be placed on the "inactive" list.

I'm sort of expecting a visit, therefore, i'll be away for most of the week :-).

I think the CO will have to ask questions like "how spiritually strong was the person before they became inactive?" and they'd probably want to even visit the inactive ones.

It kind of depends on the CO though, there are some CO's that dont care about inactives and focus on the field ministry, but there are others that make it their duty to visit all inactive witnesses. It just varies.

You'll probably get a visit by the next CO if you're lucky.

• blondie
    blondie

The CO definitely looks at the cards of those "inactive" and "df'd and da'd". One secretary took them out of the box before the CO came who thought it was strange that they didn't even have one inactive publisher and none df'd. The secretary got chewed out. Some COs note if any were reactivated and if anyone new became inactive. He asks the elders what they have done about it. That is why shortly before the CO visit, the PO assigns the elders various ones to "call" on. Some elders do drive by visits. But do they spend a lot of time talking about individuals, nope.

Blondie

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I think my congregation is currently in the care of a CO who doesn't bother with inactive ones. I've faded for at least a year now, but I've never received a CO home visit, not that I want one. Just surprised by the apathy.

Dune, do you know if the inactive publishers becomes a recurring topic of discussion between the elders and the CO? Or is there just some initial interest that diminishes over the years?

INQ

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

They definitely discuss inactive ones. Good for most people, the elders are kept so busy with unnecessary things like meeting parts and other things usually this discussion never makes it very far even after his visit. That is why you don't see too many visits, they are ran ragged and after all that they just want to be human and spend some relaxation or family time. It is a program that really never gets worked, I was an elder and I can tell you, most of the elders I served with, didnt give it any attention except to sit there and amuse the CO that they were going to do and then feed him a line how they contacted a few but no success.

abr

• Dune
    Dune

It's recurring.

If you search through the watchtower library you'll find the occasional article about "taking care of the sheep within the fold" and they'll allude to that one lost sheep and how the shepherd went out and found him..blah.blah.blah.

It depends on a whole lot of factors, like if the elders say they're doing everything they can to get back to you (even if that's a lie) or if there are bigger problems in the congregation or if they were able to catch you that day.

The CO we had 7 years ago didnt check on inactive ones at all, he was a field ministry whore. The CO we had 4 years ago always began his service talk about how there were ___ number of inactive publishers in the congregation.

It really depends. The elders in my congregation didnt even do shepherding calls, so its not a surprise that I dont get the unwelcomed visits.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Right. So it sounds like if I haven't already heard from them, I shouldn't be expecting a CO visit anytime soon...unless there is a new CO in town.

INQ

• juni
    juni

Blondie said:

He asks the elders what they have done about it. That is why shortly before the CO visit, the PO assigns the elders various ones to "call" on.

And I might add these various ones to "call" on won't be on these elders' s*** list. They pick and choose according to who is the most pliable ones. They don't like confrontations.

Juni

Avidbiblereader said:

I was an elder and I can tell you, most of the elders I served with, didnt give it any attention except to sit there and amuse the CO that they were going to do and then feed him a line how they contacted a few but no success.

So what you mean is that the elders have lied to the CO about contacting these "sheep"??

Just to get him off their backs?? I'm a true believer in karma. According to the Scriptures they will be held more accountable.

Juni

• blondie
    blondie

juni, that's why they do drive by calls.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I agree with Blondie, as visiting "upper level management" they are supposd to look at the DF's, DA's and inactive ones. But I have suspected for a while why their report given on Sunday didn't seem to match my memory of what had happened with people in the congo. I figured our sneaky Secretary just pulled out some cards so the congo didn't look bad if asked if they were not following up on these ones.

I am now almost sure. I have been inactive for 5 years now after 40+ years of consistent active pub status. And I did not have one call or one word until recently when they were supposed to be following up after the Katrina thing.

So as flawed of a system as it is, it is still a system to look after the flock. However, I feel it is not followed through on the most part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit