Kindness Toward Trolls

by compound complex 28 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Givers of the Benefit of the Doubt,

I recall that in discussing "love believes all things," the AID book stated that we should give our "brother" the benefit of the doubt until we have good reason to no longer do so. That's the gist of it. Given the basic anonymity of the forum, I have noted great generosity of spirit accorded those inquiring ones whom we later discovered to be trolls. Despite the need to be both 'serpents and doves,' is it better to err on the side of mercy than on that of judgment? Historically and personally, we have likely concluded that it's better not to impugn one's motives; however, it's not easy to "read between the lines" on a discussion forum.

Compound-Complex

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Trolls make good apostates later on (even though we really are not apostates in the strict sense of the word).

So, I agree with the above.

Outaservice

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I second that.

It is important that we realize what it was like the first time we came here, and how scared many of us where at that time. Kindness is key.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Real trolls will get theirs eventually. I would rather be generous than paranoid. JWs are the paranoid ones and I choose to not be one of them.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have only been here one month now but I can assure everyone I am not a troll. I am so very grateful to all the great people here. I visit a couple hobby related forums but this one allready feels like home to me. If JWD was around 23 years ago my fade would have been so much easier and who knows how much better off I would be by now. So a big giant "thank you" to everyone here.

A forum like this has got to be an enormous threat to the Borg. Never in a million years would they have thought something as powerful as the internet would come along and allow so many ex JW's to network together on a common ground. We may lose friends by leaving the borg but we can now gain so many more. The Borg has to be at this point realizing they are quickly losing thier grip and that a major shift is taking place.

I have allready located a couple lost friends and we have alot of catching up to do. Without JWD that may have never happened. Dealing with an occasional troll is a very small inconvenience compared to the powerful and far reaching benefits of us sticking together and working through all of our baggage.

There are at least two long time members here that can vouch for my "non troll standing".

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I've seen more respected members who've started "troll"-type topics than random newbies...

In fact, I haven't seen too many apologists around here either, since the death of that massive 607v587 topic!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good and kindly thoughts, my friends. Thank you so much! I've surely seen much kindness displayed here, quite in contrast to....

Love,

CoCo

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I visit a couple hobby related forums

Uh oh! A guy who plays with model trains. Do I smell a T....? LOL

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hey Stephanus. Happy Birthday!!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Uh oh! A guy who plays with model trains. Do I smell a T....? LOL