Kindness Toward Trolls

by compound complex 28 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

I just showered this morning I could not possibly smell like one yet, or could I? I will have to try to find some troll scent masking soap. Any suggestions?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is a very big difference between a newbie trying to make thier way on the board,and a Troll..Newbies need to be treated gently..Trolls should be roasted slowly over an open fire...OUTLAW

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Hey Stephanus. Happy Birthday!!

Thanks man! It's tomorrow, BTW.

Hey!

LOL Don't worry, Jayhawk - one of the items on my "To Do" list, should I win Powerball, is "Build annoyingly large and impractical model train layout. Plus I watch "Working on the Railroad" on the How To Channel.

With a knife as his avatar, I'm guessing that our newbie friend's hobbies are in the knife-making/gun-smithing realms.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I just showered this morning I could not possibly smell like one yet, or could I? I will have to try to find some troll scent masking soap. Any suggestions?

Hey Brent, just taking the Mick! Nice to see you, Cobber!

• BrentR
    BrentR

Stephanus you are right! Custom knifemaking that went from a hobby to small side business. There are a couple bladesmithing forums that I hang out on and am the moderator for one of them. Working in my shop keeps my head clear and provides a creative outlet. It also keeps my fingers constantly in some type of bandages and steri strips.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I miss our regular trolls here -- estephan, et al. Their ravings are like a breath of fresh air in here; a bit of comic relief. I hope the mods never get so good that all the trolls get weeded out.

• BrentR
    BrentR

We beat them up pretty bad on the knife forums. It's a hobby all in it's self that we enjoy a bit more then we should.

• Arthur
    Arthur

JW trolls are like dogs who lick their own crotch. They think they are remaining clean; but all they really have is a mouth full of mush.

Let 'em troll. The entertainment factor is great.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    We beat them up pretty bad on the knife forums. It's a hobby all in it'self that we enjoy a bit more then we should.

It's amazing how trolls will populate an unmoderated forum, no matter what the subject. I've even encountered them on recipe-swapping newsgroups!

Way to go with the knife-making! I bet you're a whiz at heat-treatment - knowing all the right colour/temperature points.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

When I first started posting here in 2000-01 I was never accused of being a troll, because I wasn't one

. I came here and everyone treated me with respect and kindness. I know if it hadn't been for JWD I don't know how long I could have survived without knowing others were going or had gone through the things that were happening in my life. I was amazed at the amount of persons who were going through the same turmoils and pain of losing ones family and friends.

Here is where I found new and wonderful friends. I have met many from the board in the Ontario and parts of the USA. I remember our first apostafest it was wonderful. Finally meeting a person behind there avatar was a great joy indeed.

I agree to that JWD is the best supportive group on the internet.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit