My Life in The Organization

by sexyk 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• sexyk
    sexyk

Thanks guys for all the posts, it's good to hear from everyone. Im happy to see people are reading my story, and happy to see people can relate to it, and benefit from it. This is good stuff.

keith

• done4good
    done4good

Congrats on getting out. I wish I had the presence of mind you have at your age. Keep posting!

j

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Great story. So happy that you had the courage to get out at such a young age. Canada's a big place but are you in the Toronto area by any chance? pm me if you are. Maybe we know each other or people in common.

tall penguin

• jinjam
    jinjam

hey sexyk "Now that im in the world, im experiencing phycological problems, im still me though, the funny crazy kid. But i can tell im being effected mentally. I find i can't trust many people, i can't be around big gatherings, i find it hard hanging out with certain worldy people, just accepting how people live in general. I feel so alone in this world, but i know one of the ways the society makes people come back is the physological discipline. It's hard leaving the mentality i had for the past 20 years, but im slowly learning, and i will conqer it." I too was brought up in the truth and my sis, i left when we were 18, i understand how hard it must be (believe me), but it very normal to have those types of feelings, distrust is the same even for non-jws, but good friends comes with patience, it will take a while, as kids we were always isolated from "worldly people" but they are also human, remember that, sometimes just seeing the good in people makes you feel better (that still does'nt mean that everyones good!) good luck for the future (oh noooooooo! i shouldn't say goodluck).... oh what the hell! good luck!!!! hehehehehe!

• jinjam
    jinjam

soo soory always forgetting format! (wack) hey sexyk "Now that im in the world, im experiencing phycological problems, im still me though, the funny crazy kid. But i can tell im being effected mentally. I find i can't trust many people, i can't be around big gatherings, i find it hard hanging out with certain worldy people, just accepting how people live in general. I feel so alone in this world, but i know one of the ways the society makes people come back is the physological discipline. It's hard leaving the mentality i had for the past 20 years, but im slowly learning, and i will conqer it." I too was brought up in the truth and my sis, i left when we were 18, i understand how hard it must be (believe me), but it very normal to have those types of feelings, distrust is the same even for non-jws, but good friends comes with patience, it will take a while, as kids we were always isolated from "worldly people" but they are also human, remember that, sometimes just seeing the good in people makes you feel better (that still does'nt mean that everyones good!) good luck for the future (oh noooooooo! i shouldn't say goodluck).... oh what the hell! good luck!!!! hehehehehe!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Ok well it ended up my mom got disfellwshipped because she wouldnt apologize for what didnt happen.

words fail me......

again

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you are doing fine. It also sounds
    like your family can either find their way out eventually or they
    might not leave, but understand why YOU did. Welcome to the JWD.
    Please keep posting and sharing. You have alot of insight for a young
    person.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome! Thanks for telling us your story. Good thing you figured this all out when you are young. I left about 5 years before you were born. I left when I was 15.I am over most of the bitterness. Just mad for the damage it does to others mostly now-and various family members that I love and see hurt. You are being a good son and a smart young man. Your parents should be proud of you!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sometimes I wonder if a person can really be "free" if they never were a slave. Value your experience and the mental toughness it has given you.

• morwen
    morwen

Thanks for sharing your story! I love reading peoples experiences. It gets better the longer your out,and this forum is a great place to help with the healing process.I love this place!

We didn't leave until a little over a year ago,my family has not given up hope that we will return. Ha! NEVER! We're happier now than we've ever been!

Morwen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit