Do you still call it "the truth"?

by True North 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I try not to, just like I try not to say "Brother " and "sister," but soemtimes when I am talking to my mom it just kind of slips out.

• zagor
    zagor

actually yes when you put it into quotation marks like that, which indicates opposite

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I call it various names one being the troof.

• becca1
    becca1

I try not to get bogged down in semantics.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

No, I hate when JW's use this phrase.

In a shepherding call an elder asked me if I still believe this (JW) is the truth.

I said Jesus is the truth.

God's word the bible is the truth.

Being honest and not lieing is the truth.

moo

• karnage
    karnage

I've caught myself calling it "The Truth" from time to time. I am still trying to break myself of this habit.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Don't use the phrase anymore. My dub family does though and I just let it go. No sense in arguing for no reason. If someone tries to pin me down by asking if I believe it is the truth, I do the same as a previous poster. I say I believe that God's word is the truth and Jesus is the truth just like he said. That usually stops the conversation. But it also makes them suspicious, because it is not the proper dub answer.

• JWdaughter
  • joe_black
    joe_black

Although it took a while to stop referring to it as "the truth, I finally stopped when I became "de-brainwashed". I now refer to it as "the religion". My JW mom and siblings cringe when I call it that, then you can see the sadness in their eyes when they silently reason in their minds thats all it is, just a religion.

• Paisley
    Paisley

No, I don't refer to it that way. Makes me feel sick! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit