Do you still call it "the truth"?

by True North 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sexyk
    sexyk

Yeah i call it "the religion" as well. It doesnt sound bad or anything that way, it is a religion so they can't argue with that. I still catch myself sometimes calling it "the truth". But hey, im not gonna get down on myself about it, after all, i was programmed to call it "the truth" since infancy.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh yes -old habits die hard

• penny2
    penny2

I do sometimes still call it "The Truth" - especially when discussing topics like 1975 and "the generation" with my relatives. I hope that subconsciously they will associate "The Truth" with teachings that were not the truth.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Only by accident depending on the context. I would certainly never mean to.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I call it "the truth" when I want to make fun of the WTS/JWs (e.g. Isn't it great that Jehovah allows pedophiles to remain in the truth while their victims get tossed off the back porch? Yes, the truth may change from one day to the next, but you can always count on WTS protection for pedophiles).

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nope. It was one of the first things I dropped mainly because of John 14:6. At first I called it the Borg, but after a while got back to calling it the JWs or the WTS. I'm external to it, but have no need to use derogatory terms. It represents such things all for itself, without me heaping more reproach on it!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I feel my blood pressure spike when JWs refers to it as the truth. I usually try to bite my tongue but one time during a discussion with my mom, a non-JW sis and several nephews someone called it the truth and I blurted out "It's NOT the truth." I usually refer to it as the Religion or the Society (sounds more like something sinister). I call it a church to non-family non-JWs. Someone mentioned using Brother or Sister so and so. I have had difficulty with this - I don't want to use that but I'm hesitant to use Mr. or Ms. especially when talking to my parents. If I can remember first names I will use first & last names instead of Bro or Sis. I've noticed that here on JWD it doesn't bother me if someone calls it the truth because I know they know it's not.

• helncon
    helncon
    I refer to it as the religion

This is the only thing that i can call it to my family when i have to reference the JW to them

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

I call it by a number of different things - some of which are not printable! But one thing that I do not call it is "The Truth." The Mayor.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I stopped calling it the truth years ago and always correct someone when they use that term so loosely. There are many grey areas in life and things that can't be proven for lack of evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit