What WT book do you remember the most???

by ScoobySnax 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
  • ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

oops hit send! I remember "My Book of Bible Stories" and being fascinated with Goliath and the Phillistines, anything with Giants or Dinosaurs was ok with me as a kid. Also mum used to drum into us as kids that story about Meshack Shadrack and Abendego "They would not bow down" It was our fortifier before we had to face school the next day and not go into school religious assemblies. I really remember the Live Forever book too, must have been an 80's thing. And you? Scoob

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Probably the first book I studied as a child..From Paradise Lost, to Paradise Regained. What a friggin horror story that was!! Also, Listening to the Great Teacher. Started losing interest when the Youth book came out. Hated all the other books we used for the book studies.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It was "THE BLUE BOMB", THE TRUTH BOOK. It had a tremendous impact on me at the time,1969. It had all the "Carrots" in it.

Blueblades

• Just as I am
    Just as I am

I remember the Truth book too, but mostly the Great Teacher book. We read through it 7 times in a row. This fact was mentioned from the platform. Parents were trying to prove we were a model witness family I guess.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The Greatest Man

abr

• garybuss
    garybuss

Let God Be True

• steve2
    steve2

As a child, my most memorable book was From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained. I loved the big pictures of people having fun with animals, but I was really scared of the other big pictures which showed the look of terror in people's eyes as the world around them was being destroyed. My mother was a good woman: She focused on the positive stories and didn't dwell on the seemingly plentiful pictures of Jehovah's vengeance. I remember too the lovely smell these books had.

As an adolescent, my most memorable book was the slim blue-covered The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life. I still remember when it was first released and flicking through the pages - it even mentioned 1975 and quoted worldly statesmen who predicted the world would not survive beyond the 1970s. Most potently, I remember my aunty's confident prediction that it would be the last Bible study book we would ever need because the end was so close...

meanwhile, some forty years later.....

• Clam
    Clam

Unquestionably The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life 1968 - To me it was like a bible in itself.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

For me it was the Live Forever book that I remember the most since it took a long time to get through it as a study as it was longer than the blue Truth book. I also remember the blue United in Worship book as back in the 80s you would study in that book after the Live Forever book and it was also gone over at the book study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit