Anyone have ever seen a ghost (spirit)?

by Nicolas 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I always thought i was seeing something in the area between our house, garage and the house next door (narrow driveway). I was ALWAYS catching something out of the corner of my eye whilst working in the kitchen. . . turns out, there is a family of birds in the tree in the neighbors yard that swoops down from their perch and does a dip in our driveway before zipping up to the heavens. These are FAST birds. . . and SLOW mommy-cause I needed to have this phenonema pointed out to me by a toddler a few years ago who thought the birds were fun to watch! That had been going on for YEARS before the toddler was even born:) I felt so stupid. I had quite a scenario going in my head about the murder that (must have) happened there many years ago. . .

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have had many encounters I can not explain. One such encounter, that was shared with a group, when about five years ago. I was in a class on martial arts meditation, taught by a man who is a Shaman. I looked to the right of him, and saw standing there a perfect outline of a man, but more of a silhouette. We were an open group, fully honest about our feelings on spirits, energies and ESP. So I spoke up and asked the instructor if he brought someone with him today, and he said, "no." Another person behind me spoke up and asked, "Were talking about the man standing next to you." The instructor turned and you could see the spirit react, and move and the instructor mentioned who he felt it was and the spirit wondered around the room for awhile and then it was gone. It was a three day class, the spirit was there every day. Since then, I have had many encounters and before then, I did too. That day was just a pivotal point for me, as it was shared with more then just myself and we all saw it move, knew where it was and even knew it was a man.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That's freakin unreal man. That really peaks my curiosity. Do you have any theory's. Do you think it was evil. I always had a suspicion of energies in dojo's and fighters. It was either called, or is atracted to the energy of the dojo. Are you taught anything ritualistic in these classes. I can't beleive something like that would appear in front of so many people. Wasn't anybody curiuos to investigate this phenomenon or was there more of a trance like atmospere.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I experienced what I was sure was a spirit trying to choke me at night. I was told it was the demons by the elders. I did some research online and realised that it is a very common disorder called sleep paralysis. There are many things we may see day to day that we personally can't explain. As soon as I see a peer reviewed study confirming conclusively the existence of such entities, and not just anecdotal evidence (no disrespect to anyone posting), I'll believe.

FBF

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I've never seen a ghost, but I believe in ghosts.

As Jehovah's Witnesses we are taught to believe that demons are taking an active interest in us, that a spirit named Jehovah is watching us and counting our field service time, we believe that shrubbery can talk and that men can walk on water and perform miracles.

We are taught that angels are protecting us in the door to door work and that demons can hide in old clothes and appliances.

I believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are encouraged to believe in spirits.

Because of this I also am superstitious. I don't walk under ladders or cross the path of a black cat. Not that I really believe that some harm will come to me (well.. I don't think I do), but why take changes? If spirits and demons are alive and well, who knows what they can do?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've seen a lot of orbs in photographs

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I recommend the book GHOSTS, true encounters with the world beyond. Haunted houses, places,people. Hans Holzer. 758 pages. Visit hundreds of haunted places around the world. Learn how to make contact with "the other side". Read about ghostly manifestations of all kinds, from phantoms to poltergeists. Learn about the scientific investigations that have uncovered and authenticated them. See rare, genuine photographs of ghosts and spirits, and found out how these apparitions were captured on film.

I have no personal experience with any of this. I put this under " Ripley's Belive It or Not" Topics.

Blueblades

• heathen
    heathen

Raises hand , yes I've seen full body apparitions and alot of very strange things in my life , no doubt in my mind what I experienced .

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes.

I've seen a number of spirits over the 31 years of my life. One such spirit looked as solid and as real as any human being.

I've had communication from spirits also.

I'd guess that 80% (probably more) of so called paranormal experiences can be explained scientifically. However, certain types of encounter are less likely to be so easily explained, for instance, when more than one person at a time experiences the phenomenon, or when the communication includes something previously unknown (ie the spirit gives information you couldn't have possibly known by other means).

Sirona

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Anyone see this story about the United Airline Employees that saw a UFO?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/ufo.sighting.ap/index.html

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit