Watchtower Angelphone Phonograph, get it while its HOT!

by Apostate Kate 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Apostate Kate
  • Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Interesting, the buyer goes by the name "awake" and the other items I've checked that he has purchased has been WT material and liquer...hmmmm lol

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Interesting indeed.

• Scully
    Scully
    buyer goes by the name "awake" and the other items I've checked that he has purchased has been WT material and liquer...hmmmm lol

the ghost of Judge Rutherford maybe??

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Maybe the Judge is back,

abr

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    the ghost of Judge Rutherford maybe??

LOL yup I think so!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I'd be very surprised if this turns out to be authentic. Even the best sellers can be fooled.

The 'rare' items that really can't be authenticated are the ones most counterfeited. What would it take other than an "antiqued" sticker pasted on an old phonograph?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

oops I goofed..he actually sold the old bottle of liquer, all he has purchased has been old WT stuff...is there a WT branch office in Lehigh Acres, Florida?

• Jourles
    Jourles

Holy crap! It says only 4 are known to be in existence. I'm pretty sure I know where another one is located. It's at the Fairfield, IA kh. A good friend of mine(well, ex friend now and it's also where my parents attend) from there turned his hall into a mini-museum of sorts with old WT memorabilia scattered around the hall. They even have a COMPLETE WT library going all the way back to the original 1879 WT's(I believe those particular WT's were reprints though). I remember taking pictures inside the last time I was there - I'll have to find them and take a look again.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I used to have one...it was given to me by the Witnesses who studied with my family way back in the early sixties. It was destroyed in a fire in the early nineties. (my chemical plant sort of blew up).

These players were an interesting device - you cranked it up by hand, and a flywheel provided the motive power to last a couple minutes or so.

Dave and Annie Mannan also gave us one or two of the old records...you can only imagine how corny they were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit