Watchtower Angelphone Phonograph, get it while its HOT!

by Apostate Kate 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Awake lost it, went for over $2000. Someone came in at the very last minute to outbid him. You know what is bugging me..If the WT is actually trying to collect all the old stuff that's floating around out there so they can rewrite their history which someone showed they have already started.

...it's really bugging me

does someone we know have a collection somewhere put away?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    They even have a COMPLETE WT library going all the way back to the original 1879 WT's(I believe those particular WT's were reprints though).

I wonder if anyone outside the org has such an extensive collection?

Too bad yours got blew up James or you could be $2000 richer today.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You are so right, Apostate.

I also lost a really great 1/6 scale radio control model of the Red Baron's Fokker DR1 Triplane.

I think I miss it more than the victrola.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

As a kid I used to play with my Mom's WT wind-up record player -- it still worked. She used to tell us stories about going to some one's door, setting up the player and as soon as the householder answered -- they'd make a quick introduction and start the player before they could object.

Oddly, many folks were really impressed by this High-Tech device having never seen one before. Then, again one farmer, who may have had too much exposure to the WT Sound Cars, wind-up record players, literature and JW's in general -- took his double barrel shotgun out on the front porch -- and killed one of those Hi-Tech record players. BOOM!

They said, "Have a nice day." And ran!

That record player was supposed to be mine when my Mom died (no blood) but, my JW sister took it.

Rabbit

• james_woods
    james_woods

Great story! - so Bubba shot the JukeBox last night, huh? (said it played a sad song he didn't like...)

Seriously, can you even imagine the humiliation that must have come from doing the record player thing as some poor householders door?

Or blasting away at a church with one of those soundd cars?

And we thought we had it tough selling the Awake for a quarter...

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

lol..Bubba did

I have heard stories of the old timers taking quite a bit of abuse and beatings in the early days. I think Ray talked about it some in CofC.

I also lost a really great 1/6 scale radio control model of the Red Baron's Fokker DR1 Triplane.

..chemical plant...it takes me time to process stuff...

That plane musta been really cool. When I lived on Maui in the rainforrest near Hana, there was a red bi plane that would fly overhead often. Right over our house. I used to lay out naked and I wondered if he could see me he seemed so close...

• james_woods
    james_woods

Kate, us airplane pilots are far too serious about our responsibilities to circle around and look at naked ladies...

So, how many times did he circle around?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

James. James Woods...

Great story! - so Bubba shot the JukeBox last night, huh? (said it played a sad song he didn't like...)

Yep! He blew it into little pieces! Then...he probably and felt real good.

I went to the E-bay site...that record player is really beautiful, the one my Mom had was smaller and had a dark green fake leather cover over a thin wood case. There was a sticker on the inside lid with the WT logo and address info on it. It was definitely not pretty like that Angelphone. This one was very utilitarian looking and probably wouldn't bring much of a price.

Rabbit

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Between my mom and I, we have quite a bit. All brochures from the 1920s, WTs from 1800s, Studies in Scriptures, all the old books - Comfort for the Jews, and etc.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    So, how many times did he circle around?

Well after he spotted me and the time of day I layed out he came by more often and so low I coulda almost spit on his wing.

Between my mom and I, we have quite a bit. All brochures from the 1920s, WTs from 1800s, Studies in Scriptures, all the old books - Comfort for the Jews, and etc.

That is good to know Vanilla. Some people have quite a bit scanned too. The Wt can't buy it all up, if that is who is behind nabbing it on ebay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit