Persecution Wanes/Banning Blood Garners Publicity

by compound complex 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

This issue alone still finds anger/indignation in me. The thousands that have unnecessarily died or near died. The tens of thousands more that suffered the issue that didn't have to get a transfusion, like my mom but suffered with anxiety during her whole pregnancy in '62 due to RH issue when rhogam was banned, tho now okayed, or another time when she needed surgery but the hospital then wouldn't accept accept her when she stated she was a JW and wouldn't accept a transfusion so she had to go to another hospital but there her insurance was not accepted so my parents had to go deeply in debt as that other hospital wouldn't accept the insurance there, so therefore my folks had to go deeply into debt. All the anxiety JWs suffer unnecessarily and possibly additional debt for a man-made doctrine and the GB don't give a damn.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Gayle,

I am very sorry for the suffering that has come to your family because of this abhorrent, killer policy. We should be grateful to individuals such as sKally who have the guts to spearhead diverse campaigns that publicize the atrocities committed in the name of God.

May all of us, in his or her own way, find the means to advertize, advertize, advertize ...

Best wishes,

CoCo

• compound complex
  • Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

I think this is a very important thread.I found it quite shocking when I read it. Thanks for the info Compound Complex.

Bangalore

• dinah
    dinah

Somehow this does not surprise me. They love self-fulfilling prophecies. Anything that will get the poor rank and file persecuted or killed convinces the sheeple it is "the truth".

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Bangalore!

You're welcome and thank you, too, for bumping up this thread. The info is shocking. We need reminding of the true origins of the blood ban. May we have the courage to let it be known.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• metatron
    metatron

This is an interesting topic. It raises the issue of did the Watchtower Society deliberately provoke persecution as a means of furthering the organization. There used to be some older brothers at Bethel who did believe this. I can recall one ranting about the placards that read "Religion is a snare and a racket" as proof that Rutherford deliberately sought public offense.

As has been brought out elsewhere, the GB's private attitude towards foreign brothers being persecuted was often cavalier or dismissive.... the whole Malawi/Mexico scandal showed they valued property over lives.

metatron

• cantleave
    cantleave

CoCo Thanks for Bumping - This really show what a dangerous, uncaring cult we were a part of.

• TD
    TD

It raises the issue of did the Watchtower Society deliberately provoke persecution as a means of furthering the organization.

In my opinion, the Witnesses have always been after the publicity of the "Younger child." A younger child knows that they can't be overtly disrespectful to their parents, but if they can disrespect and provoke their older siblings to the point where they retaliate, then the younger child has gained attention and sympathy from their parents that they would not othewise have had.

For the Witnesses, sympathetic governments are the "Parents" while other governments, religious and social institutions are the "Older siblings."

Therefore, while Witnesses would not dream of showing disrespect and lack of proper decorum in a court room, driving a sound car into a Catholic neighborhood at dawn and blaring an inflamatory message denouncing the Pope was viewed as their duty. The angry retaliation that this conduct stirred up was priceless to the Witness organization. It resulted in case after case which the Witnesses usually won in court and that kind of publicity can't be purchased at any price.

Why do the Witnesses have a hard time with the "Pagan" influence present in certain holidays when they could care less about the pagan origin of the Western wedding ceremony including the dress and rings; the military origin of the Western men's dress jacket and the religious origin of the necktie?

Why do the Witnesses jump to their feet in front of judges and magistrates, but refuse to stand for national anthems?

Why do the Winesses refuse to pledge allegiance to the flag of a certain country when they have no problem swearing an oath of loyalty to the exact same country when obtaining travel documents?

We laugh on JWN sometimes over these inconsistencies, but I would argue that these positions are not quite so inconsistent when viewed as publicity stunts. Their medical positions also make a certain sense in the same light, so Covington's recollections are certainly believable to me.

• greenie
    greenie

I've got to get this book, that's for pointing it out. The blood ban was the very first thing I had a problem with. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to share this with the JWs I know, without frightening them away. Any ideas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit