Persecution Wanes/Banning Blood Garners Publicity

by compound complex 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sf
    sf
    save the life of ONE child. I am grateful that some are reading this information. The madness must stop. Replies are nice, but that doesn't really matter.

Precisely. Replies are not important. Gaining knowledge and sharing that wealth of such, ARE.

CoCo, lurkers ARE reading this. Focus on them and your work will be appreciated. Keep close in mind how their fears keep them silent. That's okay, for now. Keep giving them items to read.

Read, read and read some more. The more you gain the more powerful you become and those fears begin to vanish.

{{{{{{{{{{{{ warm hugs for the lurkers }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Incidently coco, during my internet, email and phone campaign {now i work offline mostly}, I would exhaustively try to get the media to grasp the magnitude of the no-blood policy and how many INNOCENT lives it effects. It took weeks, but they finally ended up printing the news article in relation to the "Misrepresentation Of Tort....JW...Blood Transfusions" essay. I actually had to physically go down to the paper's office. While there, I implored them to print it and gave them solid reasons as to why it was important {haha...I had to impress upon THEM how deadly a policy it was and how many it effects in our community...it's funny because they are in the business of...NEWS AND INFORMATION...hahaha}

Like I said, it finally was printed. Yet it wasn't front page. But it was there. And THAT is what mattered. That LURKERS READ IT.

So use your imagination, phone, computer and printer and you are set my friend. If I can be of any help, I will try.

sKally

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Skally,

Your response was the encouragement I needed. However much time and effort it takes me to research and post, I intend to follow your advice. If there are any words beyond "thank you very much," I hope that they will be conveyed to you.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• sf
    sf

The great thing about the internet as your tool is that a lot of the footwork has been done. Thanks to a host of people.

It is what we DO with that wealth of knowledge that is paramount, NOW.

If you aren't aware, you can ordser just copies of the essay from Baylor, as opposed to the entire journal. Give your local hospitals and clinics a copy. My neighbor is an emergency doctor. I gave him his own copy and one to give the hospital.

There is so much one individual CAN DO to make a difference and be effective.

Happy trails coco.Cheers to your passion. {love the DD by the way}

sKally

• compound complex
    compound complex

Many, many more thank yous to you, Skally!

BTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

9 June 2007:

BTTT - Whether the replies to this old thread be gasps of dismay and shock or be the addition of further research, I believe that they deserve another review. Thank you, all who've contributed!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

There are some really good thinking/talking points on Gill's new thread on potential backlash from the blood issue. Some feel that the GB never envisioned this issue getting so far out of hand, at so late a date. After all, 1975/Armaggedon would have vindicated the "true prophet" of God.
    Years ago, Hayden Covington handled legal matters, with some help, I should imagine. Now there's a bevy of lawyers at the helm, so I understand. What a difference a few years makes!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Six months later - Thanks again, Skally, for your example and your encouragement. This is a tough journey, but to once again quote Kerry Louderback-Wood, if what we do vis-a-vis exposing the truth behind the blood ban saves the life of ONE child, then all the effort will have been worth it.

Peace and love,

CoCo

• sf
    sf

Mornin'. Glad you brough this back up.

If only...the jws that come here and know of Kerrys essay, would literally and actually hand them out to their fellow congregants and those at the door in the field work, how many lives might be saved by it's contents? [[ I know, "there she goes AGAIN!"...lolololol!!!!...that's right...and it will forever be]]

Can't believe I missed this gem from page one thought, that I'd like to address:

I am glad that I don't teach and pray that God forgives me for any and all the damage I did as an elder

This is very refreshing to WITNESS. Accountability and acKNOWLEDGEment of {DAMAGE}...most assuredly and insurmountably, irrepairable.

I appreciate seeing this.

sKally

• compound complex
    compound complex

Skally:

Thank you for your reply. The cited comment about not wanting to be a teacher and asking God's forgiveness does hit home with us former elders. My life now is doing the information campaign. Everything else is secondary. We do have flyers going out in our community, but the most recent promotion was submarined by attentive JW apostate-watchers. However:

Small strokes fall mighty oaks.

I think of Stephen's excellent example of bold and fearless truth-telling. May more of us follow his lead.

Peace,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

For what it's worth:

It has come up frequently in general discussion that Joseph Rutherford was responsible for the promulgation of the current blood policy. It was not he but Nathan Knorr who, at the prompting of Fred Franz, made it law.

Please see the initial post.

Thank you,

Compound-Complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit