Do you, too, see JW chronology numbers everywhere?

by GermanXJW 14 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I regulary look at my digital alarm clock and it says "19:14" and I think "Hmm, used to be the end of the 'Gentile Times'" Than I take a look at my number of posts and I have already passed 1914, 1918, 1925. When I look at car plates I get reminded of year numbers having been hammered into my brain. Well, this is not really serious, but I get always reminded of my JW past. I have to add that chronology was something important to me and Carl Olof Jonsson's book "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" was an important one for me. Do you know this phenomenon?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Uh no but 1999 always reminds me of the song "1999" by bro Prince

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes I see a lot of JW Chronology around me

2+2=5

abr

• ZEN
    ZEN

no but for some reason I'm seeing 2012 wherever I go

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The start of this thread was no. 1931 the year Rutherford named his group Jehovah's Witnesses. ;-)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Ha, a double post to overcome 1932... :-) *lol*

• Mulan
    Mulan

Funny you should start this thread. I can't count how many times I've awakened at looked at the clock and it says 6:07. Freaks me out!!

• under_believer
    under_believer

Yep, I get that too. Some people are more susceptible to this kind of thinking than others--it's really a mild form of OCD.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

hmmm, the only number that freaks me out is 666. The other numbers make me grin (607, 1914, 1975, etc..)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I used to work for Levi's and I was sitting at home one day and happened to see the number 501 on the daily Lotto...darn it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit