Ongoing 'Don't shun me' campaign.

by AK - Jeff 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xena
    Xena

Nice one!

The way I see it is if they have to explain their behavior to others maybe they will eventually realize how unacceptable it is. I used to keep my mouth shut when my sisters would shun me around JW family/friends and then treat me normally in front of "worldly" relatives. Now I'm quite vocal about their hyprotical behavior. If they don't have anything to be ashamed of they need to own their behavior.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Jeff--- OH, yeaaaahh!! You hit some serious pleasure centers, there, bub!

GaryBuss--- I like how you say, 'sales meetings and sales rallies.'

You know, this is a whole new perspective for me--since joining the board--but it makes SO much sense, in light of what I've experienced. What else could explain that everything the individual congregation members want to do--to help, in a practical way, the people really needing it--gets SHOT DOWN at the GB level...! Everything not ministry/ distribution-oriented gets shoved aside as a DISTRACTION, taking away from the real goal. The R&F shake their their heads and sit on their hands, still wanting to help where help is needed...but...the literature must go out! Amazing.

• carla
    carla

Awesome! Post the reply.

• steve2
    steve2

I like the way you are making visible the unacceptable rudeness of JW shunning. No one is asking them to "fraternize" or socialize with ex-JWs, but civility and basic good manners cost nothing. I suspect that, if the employer does take him to task for his behavior, it will simply increase his own perception that it is he who is being persecuted, not you. However, you have drawn attention to the rudeness evident in a lot of shunning and I applaud that.

On a slightly different note: In my former place of employment, a group of JWs had the contract to do the cleaning of my office: Sometimes they were still cleaning the offices when I turned up for work earlier than usual. They certainy turned on the charm because they knew that my colleagues and I were routinely asked by management to rate the level of professionalism of the cleaning company! Money talks.

I wsih you well in your impressive stand. Do keep us posted in the outcome!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Nice one. He deserves to squirm a bit for his cowardly, cold-hearted Unchristian treatment of you.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I like the way you are making visible the unacceptable rudeness of JW shunning. No one is asking them to "fraternize" or socialize with ex-JWs, but civility and basic good manners cost nothing. I suspect that, if the employer does take him to task for his behavior, it will simply increase his own perception that it is he who is being persecuted, not you. However, you have drawn attention to the rudeness evident in a lot of shunning and I applaud that.

This is a good point. Perhaps a follow up letter to the BOE would be useful. Let them know that you are being pro-active; that you are bringing attention to any shunning you receive to those outside the loop, who may unknowingly be affected. And let them know that, while in the insular world of the Kingdom Hall, shunning is seen as a necessary evil, even a good thing, outside of their walls it is perceived as rude, hateful and detrimental. And that any feelings of persecution felt by the shunners at being taken to task for treating paying customers as dirt is due to the fact that such behaviour is seen by the outside world as appalling, unacceptable, and ultimately WORTHY of persecution. IOW, your persecution is not because you have "the Truth" or that you are JWs, it is because you are BEHAVING like total d___heads!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Great letter! More xJWs should do the same. I don't recall ever reading in a Watchtower magazine that JWs were supposed to shun people in a place of business doing their job, a lot of JWs just take it upon themselves to snub people.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hmmm, I wonder if there'll be special needs talks or even Watchtower articles on the subject, if enough of this stuff happens. Then SlimBoy will claim that the WBTS never monitors this site, as he skips blissfully down the YellowBrick Road. LOL

• heretic
    heretic

Good job jeff. Shunning sucks even if your positively not going back and think your over it. I copped one at 6:30am on my way to work on the train station by a bloke in my old cong handing out watchtowers, it took me by surprise and destroyed my day. I think its enough of us suffering in silence while they continue in their little world. Make them feel the heat by having to explain to non witnesses about disfellowshipping. My whole fam is non witnesses and try to resect my parents and brothers but when I wasnt invited to a family getogether because my bros new girlfriend was going to be there I told my whole non witness family exactly why. Let them feel some heat. Aparently my gran pulled my Dad aside for a word... thats one for the good guys

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Jeff that was fantastic, I really enjoyed this part of it because it is so true,

Two months back, I disassociated myself from his religion in order become Christian. The twisted philosophy of his religion compels him to ‘shun’ me, due to my election to serve Jesus instead of his religious leaders.

Jesus would be proud and so are the rest of us,

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit